Manzanita berries???

Discussion in 'Predators & Furbearers' started by shadoe, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Curious to see if you concur with me that these are manzanita berries or something else? Fox scat?

[​IMG]

Hunting the other day and ran across this poor fellow, half eaten. You would think bobcat first, then mt lion second.

[​IMG]

Took this picture at the base of the foxes tail. Stuck my boot in the picture to help show some perspective to size. Definitely lion. Hunting with a 17HMR (fox hunting) so a shell was out of the question for comparison.

[​IMG]

Alan

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 shadoe, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
  2. I would say fox scat just based upon where it is.

3. on the third pic id say bobcat.

4. rk

rk Site Administrator
    Super Mod Mod

Manzanita berries sounds like a good guess. And I would agree with fox scat, because of the location (on a rock) and because it looks like older scat and some newer scat in the same spot. The print I'm not so sure about...it seems a bit small for lion.

5. I don't think that it is a lion print unless it was from a cub. I have seen lion tracks and paws up close and they are as big, if not bigger, than a man's hand.

6. hard to say from the picture what the track is, but I'm betting the shadoe knows after living in lion country for the past 100 years. I'll go lion track! :mrgreen:.