13B Deer

Discussion in 'Big Game' started by azhunter18, Aug 29, 2006.

1. I was lucky enough to draw a 13B deer tag but I don't know much about the lay of the land. Due to it being a long haul from Phx I will not be able to scout it as much as I would like prior to the hunt. With that being said, does anyone have any information about areas I should start with or for that matter avoid all together? I don't won't to waste my time (and gas) on my scouting trips. Any info would be much appreciated.

2. The first thing I do when I get drawn to a new area is hit Wide World of Maps and buy 4 to 8 7.5 minute maps. They run $10 a piece but you can cover a whole lot more ground than $80 worth of gas would let you. Then sit and study the maps in your living room. You are looking for water, cover, passes and areas between roads that require foot access. Once I have studied my maps I will plan a scout to make the most out of the gas and let me chack out the spots I figured out on the maps. Once there let the sign you find dictate where you hunt, camp, etc. I try to find 3 or 4 different campsites in case someone beats me to my first one. Take your maps and some Sharpie pens with you and write in all the stuff you learn on your scout(s).

Good luck.

3. I will head down to world of maps this week. Thanks.