Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you have seen these, but I thought I'd post them for those who haven't seen them and Steve/Tom

·
Administrator
6,601 Posts
Awesome buck!! Looks like a classic Arizona burro buck to me. Odocoileus hernionus canus.

Makes you wonder if he was still growing?

Just once I'd like to see a muley buck that big. :wink:

G

·
Man That's a big Buck.
This is the first time I saw this.
Do you know where he tagged out at? What unit?
Nice Raffle prize.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's some nice rack on that muley. Wow! I don't think I've ever seen one in a picture that big. I've never seen one in the wild anyway but that's pretty impressive. Now I better under why my father always wanted to go west to hunt.

·
Administrator
6,601 Posts
That is a fantastic buck. So typical of the famed Strip/Kaibab monsters.

Steve and Thomas, I know you guys are from far-away Maine, but AZ really does produce some impressive bucks and bulls.

In the B&C - P&Y Record books are many from AZ. I can hardly wait for my bull elk hunt.

There's nothing like a hunt out West. I hope you both get to see and hunt "it" someday.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
You don't need a nice chunk of land. The bulk of the state is public land and that is where the book game is being taken. If you are interested our archery deer tags are OTC and there are a few of us on this board that hunt them and would be willing to give you a hand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just so ewveryone knows that enormous buck was taken in kaibab and was the govenors tag this year (06) scores about 250ish and was shot with a rifle. and yes the kaibab area and all of arizona is the best place for deer hunting. kaibab is also known as the meat market if that tells you anything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts