Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
I'm ready this year. Haven't made a single camp yet, I'll be damned if I'll miss this one. Let's get things rolling. Please
Believe when I see it. You wont see me, Ill be scouting for elk that weekend. Fun time for all, Ranger Will update soon I think. Great Family camp out, Pray for showers, the fish bite like crazy during the storms, well worth sitting in the rain to catch them.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, a family event. I really enjoy watching youngsters “discovering” all there is in the outdoors.

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
Maybe Rick W will do marshmallow guns again, the kids loved them. Even some of the adults had fun with them.

Reactions: Ranger

·
Super Moderator
2,624 Posts
Ok, let's move forward!

I'm thinking July 16-18. Come for a day or camp for the weekend. Bring the whole family!

Same location as last couple years - Ashurst Lake Rd, about a mile in off Lake Mary Rd (FH-3). More detail later.

Crawfish/shrimp boil Saturday afternoon. @Cable guy - Nate, can we count on you to bring the big pot and burner?

We will need folks to help out with bringing stuff for the boil (water, crawfish, shrimp, potatoes, corn coblets, sausage, boil spices, etc).

Feel free to chime in on when you might come, and what you can bring for the boil.

This will be a great opportunity to meet other AHF members. I hope to see a lot of you there!

·
Administrator
6,635 Posts
Ranger, I'm hoping to come again and bring the little guy with me. You got room for both of us on your boat?

Reactions: Ranger

·
Super Moderator
2,624 Posts
Reactions: AZ~ThunderDan

·
Super Moderator
2,624 Posts
I would like to make it if I can. Is there any 2 stroke restrictions if I was to bring my boat?
No 2 stroke restrictions. HP restrictions on some lakes.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm planning on coming, I can bring potatoes, corn and crawfish trap :).

Green.

Ok, let's move forward!

I'm thinking July 16-18. Come for a day or camp for the weekend. Bring the whole family!

Same location as last couple years - Ashurst Lake Rd, about a mile in off Lake Mary Rd (FH-3). More detail later.

Crawfish/shrimp boil Saturday afternoon. @Cable guy - Nate, can we count on you to bring the big pot and burner?

We will need folks to help out with bringing stuff for the boil (water, crawfish, shrimp, potatoes, corn coblets, sausage, boil spices, etc).

Feel free to chime in on when you might come, and what you can bring for the boil.

This will be a great opportunity to meet other AHF members. I hope to see a lot of you there!

·
Super Moderator
2,624 Posts
You'd probably want to stick with Upper Lake Mary then (walleye & pike mostly) as will I. I'll have my 20' Ranger.

·
Super Moderator
2,624 Posts
It’s hard to beat walleye at the table!!
Very true. Unfortunately there is a mercury advisory for this lake and they only recommend smaller amounts for eating. I usually just catch and release at this lake.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I never fished for walleye. How easy or hard it is?

Green.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts