Arizona Hunting Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I never fished for walleye. How easy or hard it is?

Green.
Same basic principle as Bass or Pike, we used to troll deep divers in Wyoming with success. Fairly easy IF the fish are there AND either they are hungry or pissed, defending the nest, depends on time of year.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I’ll reach out to Nate. He doesn’t monitor the boards. I dragged him along the first year we had (co worker) and he loves coming to now.
He asked me to inform him when talks started

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
It would be nice to see you and Nate, and family's at fish and squirrel camp this year. Going to same area, but right before power lines, for free rats, so everyone will be able to bring trailers. Will just have to drive trucks to hunt spot when you want each time, like 5 miles each way, no biggie, nice flat, easy, lots of room camp and park, just like fish camp, but no cascades of shrimp. First weekend in Oct.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok, let's move forward!

I'm thinking July 16-18. Come for a day or camp for the weekend. Bring the whole family!

Same location as last couple years - Ashurst Lake Rd, about a mile in off Lake Mary Rd (FH-3). More detail later.

Crawfish/shrimp boil Saturday afternoon. @Cable guy - Nate, can we count on you to bring the big pot and burner?

We will need folks to help out with bringing stuff for the boil (water, crawfish, shrimp, potatoes, corn coblets, sausage, boil spices, etc).

Feel free to chime in on when you might come, and what you can bring for the boil.

This will be a great opportunity to meet other AHF members. I hope to see a lot of you there!
I will get the burner and pot.... putting in for pto

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
While your at it, Squirrel Camp also, You and Fern, Familys, Bring trailers, easy spot to get to. Dont want to listen to any more whining from, " to rough of dirt road." or I own a Vega, will it make it ????:p

·
Super Moderator
2,624 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
I never fished for walleye. How easy or hard it is?
I don’t know about the walleye but I’ve tossed in live waterdogs from the general store and caught some pike that surprised the hell outta me!

I’m going to be in CO that weekend, hope you all have a great time and the turnout is much better than last year. The boil is always a good meal!

·
Super Moderator
2,624 Posts
We're about 5 or 6 weeks (July 16-18) away from 2021 Fish Camp!!! Let's get this thing rolling!

It's time to start planning some of the details. Please chime in if you plan to make it, and what you can bring for the boil Saturday.

Shrimp/Crawfish boil - Saturday afternoon.

@Cable guy is bringing the boil pot and burner.

@Green Vinca has said he would bring potatos and corn.

I will bring shrimp, crawfish, 20 gal water, boil spices, elk jerky & summer sausage

I will probably get there Thursday afternoon some time.

I hope a lot of you will make time to come out and meet other AHT members and their families! It's always a GREAT weekend in the pines!

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
We may swing up for the day on Saturday, or overnight Sat/ Sun.
Let me know if anything else is needed for the boil!
RG

·
Registered
608 Posts
We're about 5 or 6 weeks (July 16-18) away from 2021 Fish Camp!!! Let's get this thing rolling!

It's time to start planning some of the details. Please chime in if you plan to make it, and what you can bring for the boil Saturday.

Shrimp/Crawfish boil - Saturday afternoon.

@Cable guy is bringing the boil pot and burner.

@Green Vinca has said he would bring potatos and corn.

I will bring shrimp, crawfish, 20 gal water, boil spices, elk jerky & summer sausage

I will probably get there Thursday afternoon some time.

I hope a lot of you will make time to come out and meet other AHT members and their families! It's always a GREAT weekend in the pines!
I don't have any time off for work now, but I get my schedule three weeks in advance. Once I get the schedule I'll chime in if I'll be able to make it for a day.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts