Arizona Hunting Forums banner

AKC registered English Springer Spaniel (Field variety) free to right home

7K views 39 replies 8 participants last post by  SteveG 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have an AKC registered neutured 2 1/2 year old English Springer Spaniel (field variety) needing the right forever home. He comes from championship blood lines from a breeder in Ohio. We got him as a play mate for our other English Springer, but she just doesn't like him much.

The good: He is super friendly, house broken, good with kids and other dogs (Not sure about cats, we don't have any). Super healthy, micro chipped, and current on all of his vaccinations. Doesn't bark much, super smart, learns tricks easily, loves to fetch and is obsessed with it. We haven't used him for hunting, but I am sure he would be awesome, just based on how intense he is with his retrieving.

The bad: He does have a lot of energy, as comes with a working class dog, he needs his exercise. He likes to shred up his toys (He does not shred up anything else, other than an occasional napkin or such.

We are located near Sedona Arizona and would travel some in the state for the right person. If interested call (928) 274-1435

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
I was not able to talk to my wife last night, she is doing OT this week. If it fits for Rich, please do not wait for me. My wife is not really a dog person. I am trying to find that "perfect" match so that she can get used to one -- but it is not an urgent thing if your dog can find the "right" home somewhere else--hope that makes sense. I will talk to my wife tonight, assumption is she is earlier, but do not let me stop finding the right home for your dog.

#14 ·
Stephen, did you end up getting this dog?

#16 ·
Sorry Steve, typing while multitasking is not recommended... Wondering if Stephen found him a home or if he's still available.

#21 ·
Hello,
Update on Bentley. As I was afraid, Bentley was a little too agressive in his playing for a two year old. He is very sweet with kids, but he is a larger dog and was knocking her down too much. So Bentley is stil in need of a good home. So I am open to hear from anyone who might be able to give Bentley a good home. Regards, Stephen Smith

#23 ·
Can you help me understand what you mean by "too aggressive" in his playing? If you mean he acts like a puppy still, rough housing is good, that is acceptable....but???? Thanks[/QUOTE
He just doesn't have that situational awareness, so he will run through the room and knock over little kids if they are in his path. Just youthful playfulness, yes

#28 ·
Stephen,

I will float the idea to my significant other tonight and see whether it's something she's open to. If so, I'd love to introduce him to our Golden (3 y/o female-also field bred) and see if it may be a fit.

In the meantime if you find a good home for him please do go ahead and set that up without worrying about waiting for me.

Thanks and best of luck! Hopefully we find a good fit for Bentley.

Scott

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.