AMMO SUPPLY

Discussion in 'Firearms, Shooting, Optics, & Outdoor Gear' started by lynn1130, Sep 26, 2020.

1. I'm looking for some 800 Nitro Express for rabbits and the occasional quail of anyone finds any.

2. Hard to find is correct. I've been looking for small pistol primers for a few months now and it is always gone. Some shops tell me they won't be getting any until some time next year! Grrrr

3. lynn1130

lynn1130 Staff Member Mod Premium Member

I was thinking that I might start making 300 Blackout from 223 cases. They may be easier to find than the 300 cases. That still leaves trying to find powder, primers and bullets.

I watched a YouTube where a guy was able to develop a 150 gr subsonic round by doing an incremental loading starting supersonic and going down. He was using 10.5 grs of Accurate Arms 1680 with a 150 gr bullet. I have not reloaded in so many years that I would have to start experimenting again.

4. Are these places selling out of primers immediately or not getting them in at all?

5. lynn1130

lynn1130 Staff Member Mod Premium Member

I tried Brownells for components and they have cases and bullets but no power or primers in what I am looking for.

6. Primers are the Achilles heel.

7. az-jim

az-jim Staff Member Mod Premium Member

This is a fact^^

8. I was at bass at they had cfe blk. There was 8 bottles on the shelf but nothing else. they had 7 boxes of large rifle primers. Walked around for 10 minutes while I tried to decide if I wanted a box or two or if friends needed them. When I came back gone.
    luckily i bought more primers then I probably needed back in March and glad I did. just started reloading so got lot of good advice from members.
    have also been trading supplies

9. az-jim

az-jim Staff Member Mod Premium Member

1680 is a good all around powder for the BO, and making your own brass isn’t too difficult, just time consuming