ANT eaters hunt

Discussion in 'Predators & Furbearers' started by cgmartin, Mar 1, 2007.

1. So are any of you heading to the ant eaters hunt this year? i am going to try and make it again. i hope to see a few of you up there.
    Clint

2. Chief

Chief Guest

Normally don't hunt them this time of year and have no problem with anybody that does. However, I always wanted to come up for this hunt and bring my camera along, maybe one of these years I will.

3. if i do go all i will be doing is calling and running a camera. you should try and make it some time, its a good time.
    Clint

4. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Clint, What is " ant eaters " hunt? When ,where and info. If I am not to late.

5. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Paul, the Ant Hunt is short for the Antelope Eaters hunt. It was held this weekend in Seligman. Last count I heard was 187 registered teams.

I and Blake (photoshot) entered and only managed one fox, which went azz over heels when shot, and then ran off a cliff face to escape. We tracked his blood trail for over an hour and never found him. He was sly as a fox. LOL.

6. Chief

Chief Guest

So, did anybody go? If so how about a report.

7. fun

it was great there was 79 coyotes taken 19 foxes 11 bobcats 3 badgers taken the wind wasnt the best but oh well lots f fun

8. Chief

Chief Guest

Thanks. One of the better hunts, several of the hunts in years past have not been so successful.

9. yeah

yeah thats so true we had 179 teams this year and gave out a total of $3,000.00 dollars for the two days it was alot of work but well worth it i did get to learn alot about coyotes and bobcats since i helped checked them in and my husband was helping check the teams in i have never seen so many guys give looks at a woman picking up dead coyotes and tossing them in the trailer geeze it was funny :lol: i got a little bloody but what the heck? lol hope to see you all next yeear up there.

10. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

It ain't the blood thats bad, it's the smell of them darn dogs! Man, some are far beyond ripe by the time they hit trailer.

Desert Ram (Marsha), you're one tough young lady. If you noticed, not many women hung around the dog trailer.

By the way, I'm known as ThunderDan next door, AZ~Thunder here. Seems some of us have more than one forum name. LOL.