Antelope

Discussion in 'Big Game' started by Acarleton, Sep 24, 2020.

1. I'm coming up on enough bonus points to start having a chance to draw up, what are the best units to look at?

2. GMU 10 typically has the most tags. There are private ranches you need to work with.

3. Ranger

Ranger Staff Member Mod Premium Member

I'm at 15 BP myself, hoping to draw within the next few years. I've been putting in for Unit 10 as my first choice, but then I live in Unit 10, so yeah. My AZ antelope hunt will likely be a once in a lifetime event for me, so I plan to make the most of it when it happens! I think there are actually better units depending on what type of hunt you're looking for though.

Azpball and Nathan McDonald like this.
  4. I live in the heart of 3C and we have several large herds of antelope that live in the open plains all around us. I see herds between Show Low and Heber all the time too.

Nathan McDonald and HAC like this.
  5. I’ve just finished a 7 day Cow Elk Hunt in 6A and have seen a herd of 16 antelope every day in Casner park. There is a park north of Casner called Antelope Park, but I haven’t spent much time there. I assume it has some around there just because of the name. At least it’s all public land for the most part. I’ve see antelope down by Sonoita also but I think it’s on private ranch land.

6. 4D34247F-30B8-4527-B751-E4AEC85D6A84.jpeg My cousin tagged this 14.75 incher last week on our Wyoming deer hunt. Think it only took 5 points. I should have the tag in the next year or 2. He missed a nicer one I glassed up the night before.

Logan and Codlew like this.
  7. seems to me it is just a question of which unit you can scout the most, start now in a couple units and let what you see make your decision

8. Nice !! Any Antelope in AZ is a Trophy now days, I believe Wyoming has alot more animals then AZ, but any speed goat is a trophy.

Nathan McDonald likes this.
  9. Yep. We call them “Wyoming fast food”.

10. I've seen some on the hilltops around Cordes while coyote hunting.