Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gearing up for turkey with my 14 year old. This will be his first turkey hunt and my first AZ turkey hunt. Just curious if anyone's had success this year? We'll be in unit 1 and 27 for our hunt. Would love to see some pics for inspiration if anyone's been out?

·
Super Moderator
13,841 Posts
Good Luck, Got pics from old seasons, none for last couple of years. Get one and post your own.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
There was a lot of hunters up top, but still a little chilly. They are just warming up and a week or two off of the birds I saw lower along the rim. I drove by a big ol’ gobbler heading into show low on Friday. Hotter than pistol! Lol, red in the head like the dick of the dog!

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My daughter tagged out opening day on the Youth hunt with a 2 year old bird. They were talking a little but not much. I would imagine it’s really good right now.
View attachment 25394
Nice! That's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah we have been out scouting in 1 several times and have gotten some on locater calls. Haven't pushed them any more than that though since I'm waiting for OTC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve had really good luck later on in the hunt when the hens are laying. Been able to kill some big Toms

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to know. Thank you! I've hunted turkeys back east and it was a completely different ball game. You got 2 tags with the purchase of your license. It was not uncommon to see flocks of 100+ birds roll through an area. So I know I'm in for a much harder hunt than what I've done in the past. But I've got some good spots scouted out and all my gear is ready to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts