Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I have been dying to get out there and put a stalk on a deer. Some huning buddie's I have aren't exactly too reliable so I don't want to be left to hunt alone this season. Anyone looking for someone to hunt deer with. I also have a javi tag in 24B?

·
Administrator
6,616 Posts
I think most folks are reluctant to bring someone new on board without knowing a little bit more about the person looking for a partner.

Things like your age, occupation, skill level and hunt experience, goals, ethics and where you prefer to hunt might bring some folks to your aide.

Are you a guy who prefers white-tail or mule deer? Do you prefer to hunt the deserts or the forests? Hopefully, someone will accept your request and offer up some help and a new friendship.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree, and three amigos can't ber too far off.

I am relatively new to AZ, and looking for buddies to hunt with. But man you have too seriously click with your hunt partner.

Never know when you might need him or (her) PC, to pull a tick off your unmentionable area. :hahaha: The last thing you want is your "buddy" spreading rumors. Ha.

But honestly, I believe other than my dog, my hunting partner is my next closest platonic relationship.

Already sounds like you may be a tad bit distrusting from the comment you made about your other partners. Not too reliable?? Just commenting.

Gunny
:runforhills:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, of course.. I should mention some things about myself. I am a 25yr old graduate of ASU and am currently working in Finance. I grew up hunting coastal blacktail deer in Northern California with the occasional hunt in South Texas. I am very dedicated to hunting and love everything about it. I wouldn't call myself a proffessional hunter but have done my fair share including bird, boar, deer, and doll sheep. In the past 7yrs I never really got the opportunity to hunt here in AZ because of time constraints and no one to hunt with. I am comfortable with my life now and can make some leisure time for myself and I dont' want to do anything else but hunt. I have been on 4-5 scouting trips in the past 3 months, so I'm not looking for anyone's special spot, just someone that enjoys the outdoors as much as I do and someone who won't get down or depressed b/c of the lack of deer you might see... or not see. As for "Muscleup's" comment, I don't know how that makes me sound distrusting, but when you have friends/hunting buddies who say they can't wait to hunt with you during season, but don't even have a bow yet and it's almost January... I think its safe to say I can't rely on them. So, as for my season, I would prefer to hunt Mule deer, but would not mind whitetail either. I am fit and can hike for miles or I do have a hunting jeep all ready to go. To me hunting isn't just about killing an animal... I am just as excited to see a nice buck as I am to fling an arrow.

·
Administrator
6,616 Posts
aeclar1,

Now that you've introduced yourself and given a short Bio, you sound like someone I would gladly give some help to. I think others will agree.

I can't commit to partnering with you this year, but only because my archery deer hunt plans have already been made through January 08.

Let's revisit this subject again, maybe the mid-season 2008 deer hunts can bring us together for a day or two. Heck, we may even have to invade on Chief and hunt some of those deer he has hanging out in his back yard.

G

·
I'm not an archer but if'n your ever down this way I would be willing to show ya around our little mountain for coues. Might even lower myself to take ya out in the flats for some of those "other" deer.

:welcome: aboard. You may want to drive down here and joins us in January.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
If it wasent for the scumdevil thing, I might help out a little more. LOL Just kidding. Never hunted 24b, or know where it is right off hand. But if you can make it way down to our part of the country I might help Chief out with showing you around his mountain. I am trying to cement plans to make it over there this coming Jan. myself. Just havent got permission from the wife yet.

Shane

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks guys for the replies. I'd love to have someone to show me around. Where abouts do you live Chief?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Hunt by yourself. Just let someone know generally where you will be and keep a cell phone handy. Pick up some maps and putter around the desert and hit the water holes and guzzlers. Let the sign tell you if it is worth your time or not to hunt around there.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Good hunting buddies are hard to find.

Reactions: Savageman2506

·
Super Moderator
13,841 Posts
This thread is almost 15 years old since last post before Bruce, I guess its relevant ??? It is Funny though, LOL....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts