AR500 Gong Targets

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by az-jim, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Gai, Khmer6, and I have been working on doing a group buy for some 3/8" AR500 targets for our long range shoot in June (fire restrictions permitting). Instead of buying a few random targets, we decided to buy a 4x8 sheet and I drew up several targets in CAD, and will have them laser cut. We have a few leftover targets available as follows:
    12" $38 1 available
    10" $30 2 available
    8" $25 2 available
    6" $18 2 available
    And 8" x 4" prarie dog "popper" reactive targets. $75 4 available
    Prices are approximate right now and pretty reasonable compared to what I have seen on the internet since we will sell these for our cost, plus no tax!
    Material prices fluctuate daily, so I wont put up exact prices for the targets untill we have commitment.

Ramspeed likes this.
  2. All we need is 2 spring rain storms.

Green.

Ramspeed likes this.

3. Damm guys your making it hard on my cutting back in spending this month lol
    That’s awesome you guys have the skill and equipment to make your own. That’s the way to do it for sure

4. What shapes are they going to be?

5. The gongs are round with 2 ears, all corners are radiused for strength. I have one where the corners are sharp at the ear and thats where it broke. Same with Khmers torso that we shot at rabbit camp, sharp corner at the shoulder cracked. Apr_10_2018_AR500_layout.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  6. Only 12 inches the biggest one, I need one much bigger, only kidding, Im think. I dont want to buy one, but will help with the purchase price for the steel, since Ill be shooting at them.

7. Agreed--happy to chip in with the $$ for shooting camp....seems like we might be putting a "few" rounds into them while there.

Have to think about getting one...thanks!

8. Im looking forward to this camp, better not put fire restrictions in place before it. Need Rain, None in forecast though, LOL.... could be a hot camp also. Going to look into a battery powered fan to hang over cot if hot at night, or maybe just drink more of Greens elixir before bedtime, then it wont matter. Now elixer does not mean booze, just some of that apple stuff. We dont drink mind altering stuff at camps, we dont want to upset the tea lovers, you know what I mean.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    GPaBobo likes this.
  9. GPaBobo, has claimed the last 12", a 10" and 2 prarie dogs.

What remains is:
    10" $30 1 available
    8" $25 2 available
    6" $18 2 available
    And 8" x 4" prarie dog "popper" reactive targets. $75 2 available

10. I got a guy at work to pick up a couple today,

What remains is:
    8" $25 1 available
    6" $18 2 available
    And 8" x 4" prarie dog "popper" reactive targets. $75 2 available