Archery Hunts

Discussion in 'Archers Lodge' started by Desert_Ram, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ok if you still want to hunt in Dec and want to have the OTC Aug tags i would say go to the meetings in June and the commission meeting Aug 10-11 in flagstaff if you can't but want your voice heard here is your chance.write letters and sign them and then PM me and i will send you my mailing addy and i will take all the letters i can get to the meeting in Aug and give them the more the better. so as archers we all need to band together and do this. its already June guys. lets not sit on our BUTTS and do noiting cause if it happens and we lose these hunts, then i for one dont want to hear anyone cry about it. :frusty: i have been working on this i even have Non-res writing letters. so let those fingers do the typing. Git-R-Done :lol2:

2. Lose the hunts? What have I missed?

3. omg you need to read the 2009-2010 huntguide lines its bad if you are in flag or pinetop go to the meeting tonite

4. I am not in either area. (queen creek here).
    Are you talking the regs?.......you called it guidlines. If not regs, where do I find em?

5. Found it. What a crock! I already emailed the G&F and will be glad to send you a letter! Thanks for going and trying to help our sport.

6. dave

dave Guest

I am so beside myself by the DESTRUCTIVE operations of this Department and Commission that I cannot and will not attend their public railroad meeting that was held tonight in Tucson.

Funny how the questions read in their survey. The survey was a money deal hiring a professional agency to construct and give them the professional answers they wanted. December of 2005 the ADA spent the money to conduct a survey that was much better than the one the AZG$FD RAILROAD paid for. The first words out of the two Commissioners mouths were that the ADA survey was not random. Those two knew the survey would show what the real hunters wanted and had already planned their reaction to it. They also planned to create their own survey that would serve their desires. Just like a lawyer would do, they crafted a survey that they can tell the Gov. was the most purest, random survey created by mankind. BS.

This is the AZG$FD RAILROAD THAT WILL KILL BOWHUNTING IN THE STATE OF ARIZONA!!!

What a legacy Director Shroufe and Deputy Director Ferrell will leave.

What a legacy Commissioners Hernbrode, Golightly and Mc Lean will leave.

How about you Leonard? I know you are reading this? What a legacy you will leave. You can brag that you were the one that discovered a new pie allocation method that was fairest way to give more rifle hunters tags. What a legacy you will leave Leonard. How about our Archery In The Schools program? Why would any kid want to learn to shoot a bow so he can go tromp through snow in November and maybe see an elk track? No, they will be playing paint ball and shooting stuff with real guns. YOU ALL ARE KILLING ARCHERY, THE BEST TOOL TO ALLOW HUNTER RECRUTEMENT AND RETENSION WITHOUT IMPACTING THE RESOURCE.

IT IS ALL ABOUT ONLY ONE THING, ONLY ONE THING, ONLY ONE THING...HOW MUCH MONEY CAN YOU GENERATE TO FEED YOUR MACHINE, YOUR CARRIER AND YOUR EGO'S.

I am sorry I started attending Commission meetings 5 years ago and had a heart to conserve the hunting heritage of this state.

No hunter with a heart for hunting wants to put up with the BS this Department and Commission has handed out.

7. Ezra

Ezra Guest

harvest objective

Does anyone know what the current archery harvest percentages are? if they are not exceeding or getting near the 20% of the total harvest or harvest objective, then this is a mute point.

8. They are saying several units have exceeded 20% and one has hit 38%. BUT, what the problem is, they are guessing at the success rate.

9. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

And I would also add... G&F admits to this.