AZGFD e tag system

7K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  khmer6 
#1 ·
and y'll laughed at me!!! its finally here
GAME AND FISH NEWS
Aug. 25, 2022

Arizona E-Tag mobile app now available
Allows hunters to electronically tag their harvest in the field
The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is now offering a mobile application to modernize the tagging process for hunters and provide them with additional technology options, streamlining the tagging and harvest reporting process.

The new “Arizona E-Tag” app is available for download in the Google Play and Apple app stores, providing hunters added flexibility to the current procedures for big game tag delivery and use. The mobile application will help strengthen the hunt data from which biologists make hunt recommendations and the Game and Fish Commission makes decisions.

Hunters who choose to download the app and receive their big game tags electronically will be able to:
  • Receive an electronic copy of big game tags on an electronic device, eliminating the need to keep paper copies.
  • Electronically tag harvested big game in the field and complete harvest reporting.
  • View hunting and fishing licenses.
  • View and manage licenses, as well as hunt permit-tags, for authorized dependent accounts.
  • Hunters can choose a material of their choice, such as flagging or tape, to attach a unique validation code (provided in the app during the tagging process) to their animal following a successful harvest.
Those who hunt in Arizona are encouraged to download the app to a mobile device and opt-in through their AZGFD portal account to receive electronic tags and licenses. After “opting-in,” an electronic tag for big game permits purchased at a department office or obtained through the draw will be automatically delivered to the mobile device. As a reminder, “opting-in” to receive an electronic tag is not required to participate in the draw.

Tags that were drawn or purchased before the app has bee​

See less See more
#9 ·
Me neither. I don't even use it except to buy my license and apply for the draw.
Well let's hope they improve on the top. The instructions are ridiculous unless it's bound by law or something. You're responsible for your phone being charged and not broken. You must opt in. You must write down validation number and stick it to the animal. Lots of requirements that aren't feasible in some area. How can I IMMEDIATELY tag my animal without service. Now unless they are using some kind of local hash with your tag number. Then I can see it somewhat working. But if my chit is dead in the field cuz I've been out for 9 hours then GTFO. Hopefully wardens and judges are lenient while we beta test this in production. The app is good for getting your license tho. Everything else is backlinked to the website. Small steps to victory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.