Backyard Javelina

Discussion in 'Small Game' started by Chief, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief Guest

[​IMG]

These guys & gals visit on a regular basis

2. pretty neat pic but i hope your not feeding them :?

3. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Chief dosen't feed them, he is giving them a drink. :lol:
    He has another picture of Quail drinking, also in his backyard. I think he gives the Quail Beer. It's another great photo. Thanks Chief :lol:

4. What chief hasent told you folks yet is he lives right next door to the desert museum... LOL... Or might as well. he has more critters in his back yard on a regular basis then most of us see in several seasons of hunting them. LOL.. Nice pics chief!! Those are some healthy looking reds. She must be a good parent.

Shane

5. Chief

Chief Guest

[​IMG]

Backyard view from the patio. Thanks Paul & Shane for coming to my defense, I was going to reply but thought a picture would be worth more than what I was going to say.

6. Chief

Chief Guest

[​IMG]

Not more than 30 yards from the back patio. A few weeks back we had a nice mountain lion sunning himself on that rock pile in the top right hand corner. Couldn't get close enough for a picture, have since bought a telescopic lens for the digital.

7. Hey Chief,

Is that your property? Can you hunt it? I only ask because I would have been looking for the rifle and not the camera when the lion was spotted! :)

I probably would have flung an arrow at that buck too. :)

Either way, you are one lucky guy to have that kind of view out the back porch. I am jealous.

8. Chief

Chief Guest

Not all our property, some of it in the first picture belongs to you, national forest, but it borders our place, we probably own about half way up the mountain. The picture of the buck is on our property and you can see the fence behind him, the lion was on deeded property but could have shot him if'n I was so inclined. I've killed enough lions to last me a lifetime, don't need to kill anymore. The buck isn't as big as he looks in the picture but your more than welcome to come on down and try for either one of them. We don't see the cat to often, maybe only two or three times a year. However this year we have seen him more than we have in the past. Had a nice sow and two cubs visting about two weeks ago, couldn't get a picture. Been thinking about buying a trailcam but am hesitant to do that. We have a lot of illegals coming through and I'm afraid the camera wouldn't last very long.

9. I haven't killed any. I'll be down tomorrow :D

Cool pics, Chief

10. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Awesome

Chief what can I say. AWESOME. Love your pictures. And is that house next door to you still for SALE. :roflpmp: