Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bass Pro opened in Mesa last night.
Did any of you Outdoorsman go? I am waiting for the weekend to make my trek there.
If you did go what did you think?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I went with my daughter. It was packed. All in all, a very impressive place!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I won't go near that place for at least a month, probably longer. It may be very impressive, I met the girl in charge of promotions at the Becoming An Outdoor Woman workshop last month and she filled us in, it ain't worth the crowds.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll go when the crowds thin out. I wear a Cabelas hat and the guy in charge of Golf and Marine said he'd give me a Bass Pro hat for it. Well his exact words are I'll rip it off your head and give you a decent hat! I asked Stan what in the world did golf have to to do with real outdoor sports anyhow and that's when it started. It's fairly close so I may slip down to see if I could get in just to harrass Stan and see if he's still alive! They've got a great restaurant there according to the rumors so I need to check that out.
Mark

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been to the stores in Springfield, MO and Sidney, NE. I won't drive 200 to 300 miles to see the little stores in AZ. It is easier and cheaper (with the price of gas) to buy out of the catalog. And, I have too much stuff now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been to the one in Springfield also. Went down there to pick up my Bass Tracker when we lived in VA. I doubt that I'll make the trip up to Mesa just to go to the store, but if'n I'm in the area for other reasons I sure would stop in.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
We finally made it to the Bass Pro shop Sunday. Had a nice time looking around at all the stuff and saw some pretty decent bargains. I really enjoyed the high dollar gun room. Got my eye on a little Browning .22 rifle that I'm gonna have to get one of these days. It will be a while for what they want for it :shock: Sure is pretty though. We ended up not buying anything.

We were going to try the restaurant but was told an hour wait...wasn't that hungry or interested so we went elsewhere.

Has anyone else been? What did you think?

·
Registered
588 Posts
wasnt that gunroom awesome??? when i was there lastweek we were told that they had a 20 GA in there that was for sale for ok hang on to your chair $98,000.00 OMG i about feel over and they sold it the next highest price was only $48,000.00 geeze we didnt get to check out the sales though next month maybe :) we did get a two hour tour though and that was awesome :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts