Arizonahuntingforums.com banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
So--on FB, so must have been vetted and proven true, correct ;-)

Biden is going to fund Abortions World Wide if needed? He takes the money from building the wall (happened yesterday) and will now fund World Wide Abortions?

Newly elected President Joe Biden will revoke a policy that prevents federal funds from going to abortions abroad, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Thursday.

“It will be our policy to support women’s and girls’ sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights in the United States, as well as globally,” Fauci said, according to prepared transcripts of Thursday’s World Health Organization executive board meeting.

“To that end, President Biden will be revoking the Mexico City Policy in the coming days, as part of his broader commitment to protect women’s health and advance gender equality at home and around the world.”

·
Super Moderator
3,480 Posts
I am not sure we want to open this can of worms here but I do have to say his direction on abortion changes with the winds of politics and I still can't wrap my mind around a Catholic, who professes his religion and agrees with abortion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank you for the information. We are a political group with 2 paid lobbyists at the state capital and over 17,000 voting citizens. We have been active in trying to guarantee our 2nd amendment rights for over 12 years. We are not a militia in any way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I did some more research on non-resident student voting activity and found there are 96,000 non-resident and foreign students attending AZ Universities. If Steyer is successful in getting just 25% of them to vote in AZ elections, that is more that Biden won Arizona by or the Sinema and Kelly became our senators by. Think about it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I always laugh when people dismiss threats to the 2nd amendment.

While I agree, organizations like the NRA have failed miserably (especially in recent years) and their overly aggressive pushes with sensationalized membership due collection is hilarious - complacency is what loses us our rights. Organizations like the NSSF, GOA, and local groups like AZCDL are the ones who are doing work.

Biden is not a 2A friendly president, period. Anyone who believes he is pro-2A is blind to his comments over the last 47 years he has been in politics.

Thinking that the Biden administration will have it's hands too full to worry about the 2A is ignorant. He has an army of people in the background working on all his campaign and political goals - this also includes gun control.

For example : Biden was quoted as saying this about Beto O'Rourke when he was campaigning - "You're going to take care of the gun problem with me. You're going to be the one who leads this effort. I'm counting on you. We need you badly, the state needs you, the country needs you, you're the best" Beto is the dingleberry who said "Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47." Biden was quoted as saying he wanted Beto to be the "gun control czar" of his administration. Even if he doesn't appoint Beto to that position - this whole series of quotes is more than enough evidence to prove that Biden is not 2A friendly.

I also find it hilarious that some people here apparently thing the Constitution will protect our gun rights. It has already failed on multiple occasions since the 30s. The Constitution isn't an immovable unchanging document that isn't subject to the whims of the political climate and leanings of the judges in office.

Perhaps some here need a reminder of some of the gun control laws that have been passed.

Banning of certain accessories, ammo types, and firearms. Restricting the importation of certain firearms and ammo. Background checks, tax stamps, and registrations. Magazine capacity limits. Classification changes of firearms based on what accessories you have installed. These are all infringements.

While some of these laws may give some people the warm and fuzzies thinking they prevent crime - the FACT of the matter is that none of them do. There is no substantiated evidence that any of laws have any effect what-so-ever on crime. They are all just ways to exert control over private property and weaken the constitution.

The focus on AR-15s alone should wake people up to the fact that gun control legislation is a scam - ARs are used in less than 1% of crimes yet if you go by what the gun control advocate politicians and media present - you would think that every single crime in the world is performed with one.

Wonder why you get a spent casing with your new firearms purchase? That is from a gun control law passed in Maryland to create a "ballistic fingerprint" for crime investigation. Many other states adopted this fallacy as well. Want to know how many crimes it has solved? Not a single one in 21 years. However, want to guess how much money was spent on this? Up to 40 million tax payer dollars. Anyone actually think all the money went to that program? Also, I wonder how much money that cost the manufacturers? The best part was there were pics of the office in Maryland floating around - it was a dump. So unorganized that even if they tried to use their system it would be impossible to find anything.

Want to know what has currently been filed for new gun control? Check out NSSF legislative action website : https://www.nssf.org/government-relations/legislative-action-center/

It is rather disturbing the ramp up because of an administration change. Not only are there five new proposed laws on a national level, states like AZ, FL, and TX have multiple laws being put forth. While these may not be passed now - ignoring them WILL ensure they do pass eventually.

People also assume that writing their representatives is pointless. This is also false. The recent attempt to ban "stabilizing braces" by the ATF is a great example. While yes, the ATF doesn't care about the hundreds of thousands of comments they received on their "public discussion" page (the ATF is an outdated and pointless office, which only exist to further strip the law abiding of their rights) - the backlash against the proposed change grabbed the attention of our elected officials, and the letter they sent to the ATF made them backtrack (for now.)

Our duty to preserve our rights doesn't end after we vote. It is up to us to use all the means at our disposal to protect our ever under threat rights. It isn't hard to engage your elected officials. While 10 emails/letters into their office won't go noticed - tens of thousands will. It is just a shame so many people these days can't be bothered to lift a finger to click a few buttons.

Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I always laugh when people dismiss threats to the 2nd amendment.

While I agree, organizations like the NRA have failed miserably (especially in recent years) and their overly aggressive pushes with sensationalized membership due collection is hilarious - complacency is what loses us our rights. Organizations like the NSSF, GOA, and local groups like AZCDL are the ones who are doing work.

Biden is not a 2A friendly president, period. Anyone who believes he is pro-2A is blind to his comments over the last 47 years he has been in politics.

Thinking that the Biden administration will have it's hands too full to worry about the 2A is ignorant. He has an army of people in the background working on all his campaign and political goals - this also includes gun control.

For example : Biden was quoted as saying this about Beto O'Rourke when he was campaigning - "You're going to take care of the gun problem with me. You're going to be the one who leads this effort. I'm counting on you. We need you badly, the state needs you, the country needs you, you're the best" Beto is the dingleberry who said "Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47." Biden was quoted as saying he wanted Beto to be the "gun control czar" of his administration. Even if he doesn't appoint Beto to that position - this whole series of quotes is more than enough evidence to prove that Biden is not 2A friendly.

I also find it hilarious that some people here apparently thing the Constitution will protect our gun rights. It has already failed on multiple occasions since the 30s. The Constitution isn't an immovable unchanging document that isn't subject to the whims of the political climate and leanings of the judges in office.

Perhaps some here need a reminder of some of the gun control laws that have been passed.

Banning of certain accessories, ammo types, and firearms. Restricting the importation of certain firearms and ammo. Background checks, tax stamps, and registrations. Magazine capacity limits. Classification changes of firearms based on what accessories you have installed. These are all infringements.

While some of these laws may give some people the warm and fuzzies thinking they prevent crime - the FACT of the matter is that none of them do. There is no substantiated evidence that any of laws have any effect what-so-ever on crime. They are all just ways to exert control over private property and weaken the constitution.

The focus on AR-15s alone should wake people up to the fact that gun control legislation is a scam - ARs are used in less than 1% of crimes yet if you go by what the gun control advocate politicians and media present - you would think that every single crime in the world is performed with one.

Wonder why you get a spent casing with your new firearms purchase? That is from a gun control law passed in Maryland to create a "ballistic fingerprint" for crime investigation. Many other states adopted this fallacy as well. Want to know how many crimes it has solved? Not a single one in 21 years. However, want to guess how much money was spent on this? Up to 40 million tax payer dollars. Anyone actually think all the money went to that program? Also, I wonder how much money that cost the manufacturers? The best part was there were pics of the office in Maryland floating around - it was a dump. So unorganized that even if they tried to use their system it would be impossible to find anything.

Want to know what has currently been filed for new gun control? Check out NSSF legislative action website : https://www.nssf.org/government-relations/legislative-action-center/

It is rather disturbing the ramp up because of an administration change. Not only are there five new proposed laws on a national level, states like AZ, FL, and TX have multiple laws being put forth. While these may not be passed now - ignoring them WILL ensure they do pass eventually.

People also assume that writing their representatives is pointless. This is also false. The recent attempt to ban "stabilizing braces" by the ATF is a great example. While yes, the ATF doesn't care about the hundreds of thousands of comments they received on their "public discussion" page (the ATF is an outdated and pointless office, which only exist to further strip the law abiding of their rights) - the backlash against the proposed change grabbed the attention of our elected officials, and the letter they sent to the ATF made them backtrack (for now.)

Our duty to preserve our rights doesn't end after we vote. It is up to us to use all the means at our disposal to protect our ever under threat rights. It isn't hard to engage your elected officials. While 10 emails/letters into their office won't go noticed - tens of thousands will. It is just a shame so many people these days can't be bothered to lift a finger to click a few buttons.

Sorry for the long post.
Id 5 star like if I could

·
Super Moderator
13,403 Posts
I did some more research on non-resident student voting activity and found there are 96,000 non-resident and foreign students attending AZ Universities. If Steyer is successful in getting just 25% of them to vote in AZ elections, that is more that Biden won Arizona by or the Sinema and Kelly became our senators by. Think about it.
The election is over, can we get in by this, save it for 4 years for now, LOL....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
For those that think Biden will not affect your hunting:

"Among the list of agency actions to be looked at are two controversial rules that loosened restrictions for America's hunters and farmers -- one removing the gray wolf from the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and the other removing 2015 regulatory provisions that prohibited certain sport hunting practices "otherwise permitted by the State of Alaska" in its 10 national preserves."

I'm not worried about 4 years from now, there are enough votes there to push through just about ANY initiative affecting firearms or hunting. Now, think about that.

·
Registered
150 Posts
For those that think Biden will not affect your hunting:

"Among the list of agency actions to be looked at are two controversial rules that loosened restrictions for America's hunters and farmers -- one removing the gray wolf from the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and the other removing 2015 regulatory provisions that prohibited certain sport hunting practices "otherwise permitted by the State of Alaska" in its 10 national preserves."

I'm not worried about 4 years from now, there are enough votes there to push through just about ANY initiative affecting firearms or hunting. Now, think about that.
The First 100 days I think we will def see some changes/restrictions regarding firearms.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts