Big Lake Last Week

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Buster, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Took the family up to the White Mountains last week. We fished Big Lake in the evenings because the days were too windy. This was not a super serious fishing trip, but we did manage to catch few cutthroats. I worked on teaching my daughter how to cast a spinning reel. Previously, she would just use a little push button, but she has grow out of that! We caught fish on various Kastmasters and Mepps Spinners in sizes 1/8 - 1/4 oz. The fish were in a post spawn mode and quit hungry!
    639ED918-EF7C-40F1-844E-7C3951525347.jpeg C076E887-C854-4FF2-ABD3-92B478C9DE4E.jpeg 9BD535CB-7CE6-45A1-8451-F2F801DAB0A1.jpeg

2. az-jim

az-jim Staff Member Mod Premium Member

Looks alot different without whitecaps lol

Buster and Logan like this.

3. Just got back from camping there today. We rented a boat for the day on Friday and caught about 10 or so in the morning time before we headed back for lunch. my son caught a good size rainbow but we let him go which he was not happy about lol
    I also caught a brook that was good size and also let him go.
    It was great seeing my son catching stuff. We were trolling with different spinners

JimJ, SingleShot20G, RickWild and 2 others like this.
  4. I was so confused. I thought @Fern started this thread and read he was teaching his daughter to fish! Like damn. Dudes got a second family haha. Great job guys

Buster, az-jim and Codlew like this.
  5. Nice Fern, I always let the big boys go, keep and eat the little stockers.

6. You’re welcome! I know the motto around here :D