Blue Moon

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by TallPaul, May 31, 2007.

1. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

After coming from our " Pot Stirrer's of America" meeting tonight ( the 5th Thursday of the month) at the local Diner ( we just have Coffee :D ) stopped for some photos of the Blue Moon. Every one knows what a Blue Moon is right?

Okay so I stink at taking photos ,like I stink at hunting. :nyah:

[​IMG]
    Once in a Blue Moon.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2007
  2. nice pix TallPaul yeah i saw that moon also wish i could have gotten a pix but oh well :)

3. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

After 57 pictures only 5 turned out and these are the best of them. :)

4. dave

dave Guest

This is what I saw. Pretty bland.

[​IMG]

5. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Hey Dave I have a few of those and some that are worse. What kind of camera you using. Love your photos of Sunup and Sundowns.

6. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Here one I was messing with the exposors. It was as dark outside as my other photos. BUT.... no go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2007
  7. dave

dave Guest

TP,
    I was using a Nikon D80 with the 80-400mm VR zoom lens zoomed out all the way. So far I am a total derelict when it comes to photography. As you can see in my photo, using one of the auto modes on the camera makes the picture over exposed. I still have to learn how to set the shutter and aperture to get the right exposure. I have tried to coax Tony in a couple times to help but he hauls a$$ when he can see how much work it would take to teach me how to take a picture :) More work than a stinkin pig hunt :)

8. dave

dave Guest

Paul,

This is how the moon looked tonight at 11:00 p.m. not over exposed.
    I need a tripod.

[​IMG]

9. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Cool Dave, I have a tri pod myself. It works wonders but I usully have someone else take my photos. I need to figure out how the exposurs all work. I try something new and can't remember what I did from one pic. to the other.LOL Old age I guess. :)

PS. Nice photo of the moon.