Arizona Hunting Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,680 Posts
I don't know but someone more familiar with the Kaibab probably does. Isn't all hunting ammo there supposed to be non-lead?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
This is probably for residents only? If they allow non resident hunters to apply and keep majority of meat and possibly the head, I would be interested depending on the price. Does anyone know as of yet if non residents are locked out? I would agree that it should be for residents only, but if they leave that open to all.....

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Firearm and Ammunition FAQs - Grand Canyon National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

This is a direct link to the firearm and ammo restrictions for the volunteers. It’s really not a true hunt, so not my cup of tea. Just don’t see a population reduction program of this manner as very sporting. I hope other guys are into it and take advantage of the opportunity. Not many can say they killed bison on the rim of the Grand Canyon. Lol, I wonder if the feds will let you gut them out and take a bite of the raw heart?!

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Yes it does sound like more of a Harvest than a hunt similar to he Raymond Herd as far as sport. I wonder if they would let you move it right to the rim for an Epic Bison Grip n Grin. Like sheep and deer get moved around so the background is "just right for my guides instagram"

·
Administrator
6,498 Posts
Yes it does sound like more of a Harvest than a hunt similar to he Raymond Herd as far as sport. I wonder if they would let you move it right to the rim for an Epic Bison Grip n Grin. Like sheep and deer get moved around so the background is "just right for my guides instagram"
More of a "culling" than a "harvest" I'm thinking. I'm imagining NPS employees telling the "skilled volunteers" where to stand, how to hold their mouth, which animal they are allowed to shoot, etc. I think I'm going to pass for that reason as well as the one I mentioned before. But many thanks to the two gentlemen who kindly offered the use of .30 cal rifles if I decided to apply. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,680 Posts
Some of you who are old like me might remember the days when G&F did that type of cull for the buffalo hunt. My mind does not recall like it used to but I think the heat from doing that stopped those types of hunts.

Reactions: Savageman2506

·
Administrator
6,498 Posts
They are picking 12 people who will be able to kill one bison each. So they are only removing 12 animals when their goal was 200 animals back in 2017, with only 88 removed since then and who knows how many calves born in the meantime? Something just doesn't make any sense here...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
$65? Thats more than a CCW permit. Probably wouldn't have the gun if you were not able to pass one and sure ass h3ll would not have a CCW.
I'm out

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Did anyone else see this?

National Park Service calls for volunteers to kill bison at Grand Canyon | Fox News

National Park Service calls for volunteers to kill bison at Grand Canyon
The National Park Service (NPS) is looking for volunteers to assist in killing hundreds of bison on the North Rim of Arizona's Grand Canyon National Park.
In cooperation with the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD), NPS posted a webpage seeking individuals "skilled" in "bison removal."
Applications open to the public at 12 a.m. local time on May 3 through 11:59 p.m. on May 4, according to the site.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Admins--sorry I had this posted "wrong"...did not see this discussion come across in my alerts or new messages for some reason, maybe just missed it! Thanks for moving it!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Admins--sorry I had this posted "wrong"...did not see this discussion come across in my alerts or new messages for some reason, maybe just missed it! Thanks for moving it!
you applying?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
This is probably for residents only? If they allow non resident hunters to apply and keep majority of meat and possibly the head, I would be interested depending on the price. Does anyone know as of yet if non residents are locked out? I would agree that it should be for residents only, but if they leave that open to all.....
If its actually within the Parks boundaries it'll be open to every citizen.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts