Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got fired up about a press release I found that came from the Center for Biological Diversity. They are against building a wall along the border to keep out the illegals because it might disrupt some of the migration of certain species including some that are endangered.

I countered in my article as to why they didn't take issue with the destruction and environmental hazzards being done by the illegals in the lands in and around the border.

I thought perhaps some of you guys who live in that area might be interested in hearing more about it or maybe you're already sick of it.

Here's the link anyway to my article. http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/?p=1057

·
Administrator
6,604 Posts
You're right Tom, we are sick of it. But we will not give up the fight to stop the environmental rape of our deserts.

Immigration Reform needs to be a REAL solution and not some "same-old-same-old" amnesty program from Washington. Sensitivity and diversity is killing this country.

Oh, and the Center for Biological Diversity... what an oxymoron. They're just another group of liberals who's biggest concern is a "handful" of endangered animals, rather than humanitarian efforts and the perseverance of freedom for millions of humans.

Grrr, please, don't get me started. :wink:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I'm going to go out a limb here ( and hopefully not too far off topic), but I think the wall is the biggest crock I've ever heard of. Will it really be cost effective? What't the price tag? Millions? Billions?
IMO, we don't need a physical barrier..what we need is enforcement of our current federal law, and give our state & local agencies federal support be it $$ or simply judicial concurrence.
Take away the demand, and the supply will reduce. Fine companies that hire illegals 1K per occurance per worker. You get 30 days grace period to clean your employment rolls of illegals. Fine them 5K per occurence after the 30 day period.
I don't believe that Americans won't do the jobs illegals are currently doing. Pay a fair wage and the jobs will be filled. Yep, there will be a bump in our economy, but I don't believe it will last too long. At least we'll know what the "real" economic picture is.
Bill the illegal's country of origin the cost of apprehension, any medical care received, food, water, deportation costs. and whatever other charges actually incurred.
If they don't pay, they no longer recieve whatever federal financial aide they may be currently getting.

Those immigrating legally - Welcome to the United States of America!

G

·

This is one subject that is near and dear to my heart as we are within spitting distance of the border. Almost nightly our Dobbie awakens us at about 2 or 3 AM, I pull on a set of pants, grab the 12Ga and flashlight open the door and out he goes barking and growling, you hear a lot of yelling and then all is quite. The Dobbie comes back, looks up at me and with a look on his face that says " it's ok boss, I took care of the problem." My son is very active in the border and puts a lot of time in cleaning up the desert. There is a DVD out titled "Cries from the Border" which takes place almost entirely in Cochise county and right near our place. Our son is on the back cover of the DVD (He's the one with the rifle) and plays a role in the documentary, he is the good looking guy, looks like his dad.

Take a look in the current hunting regulations for those areas on the American/mexican border it states "Homeland security issues along the international border may affect the quality of a person's hunt."

G

·

This is yet another one that almost made me grab up my rifle and wage a little private war. Our politicans let this crap happen and we still re-elect and/or elect one of the same mind set. We have no one to blame except ourself for letting these spineless SOB's return to offfice.

·
Administrator
6,604 Posts
Chief said:
This is one subject that is near and dear to my heart ...
Amen Chief. We're definately on the same page.

Dutchman, guidelines such as you offered are a good start toward a REAL immigration reform law. Our spineless jelly-fish in Washington are too worried about hurting someones feelings, rather than develop a solution to the problem.

Who's America Is It these days? Don't anyone be so fast to answer that question, you just might be wrong. :?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Guys - I have a friend that puts out a pretty "in your face", anti illegal immigration, far right wing newsletter . If you want a copy, shoot me an e-mail and I'll forward it to you. It's not quite daily, and comes in e-mail form. If you like it, send him an e-mail, and he'll put you on the list...

He also owns http://www.mpioutdoors.com/ So, he's an outdoorsman to boot.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I new I liked this forum...

There is an easy to fix most of these problems. And it has several fold of incentives to my mind that will make it work for everyone.

1.. Not a fence along the border. .50 cal about every 1000 yards, with overlapping fields of fire. ( of course making sure that the whole border is covered some may be closer), and the sniper squads can take up the rest of the slack, with orders that anyone crossing the line if fair game no exceptions. If they cross the line they get it. That way the animals may pass freely. Our military gets some training, Borderpatrol gets some relief, and folks along the border can go back to being rural residents with all the perks of living safely in the US.

2. Leave the ports of entry open. Let them come in, only make them do it legally. Not that hard a concept, DUH. And keep track of them. Make them pay taxes. and allow them discounted rates for transport back to where they came from if they need health care or any other services along those lines. We might stabilise but they get to treat, the Hospitals in Tucson already do this. Stabilize the patients and pay to have them taken back to mexico. Cheaper to pay for the transport then care for them until recovery.

3. Drag net the country. Round up every illegal in the country, and send them back. Every single one of them that is not here legally needs to go ( obvious, but part of this so bear with me) And as part of their punishment every single one of them will have to spend 1 week picking up trash along the border, and taking it with them back into mexico. . As each one of them will be picking upmore then they can carry. The excess of carrying capacity can be trucked back, and if mexico dont like it then it can be flown in by parachute or airdropped in some fashion. Let it fill up their landfills. Also they will be rebuilding the fences they have cut and destroyed. And repairing everything they have damaged. Since most of them are supposed to be working in the building trades, this should not be a problem. They can even help in building the machinegun posts.

4. Any US company operating outside the US will be taxed to compensate for lost wages here in the states. This and removing all the illegals should have the effect of allowing every able bodied American the ability to find a job of their liking. That includes every teenager. They all need to know what its like to sweat for a living for a while. I picked lettuce, baled alphalfa, and built fence when I was a kid so can they. Its not menial labor, or character building, its something that needs to be done so go do it. Get over it. Which should also serve to bring the average weight of our kids back to where it need to be. No more couch potatoes= healthier Americans

5. The rancher in Cochise county that lost his ranch to the illegals, because he was defending his property. Will get his property back with intrest, And the judge who ruled on that one will be trasported directly out of the country. If a judge believes that anything, legaly supercedes a US citizen's, ability to defend his property from an invasion must mean that particular Judge needs to live elsewhere.

This is only my opinion, I have nothing against any particular human who does things legally.not a thing. I have worked beside carded and naturalized immigrants my whole life. The ones from the old days were some of the most talented people I have ever met. Especially the Vaqueros from central America. I learned alot from those guys.

G

·
Aman Shane. On thier way out. they should pick up thier trash and take it back with them! It's one of the rules of outdoorsmen. If you carry it in. Then you can carry it out.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Cochise,

We have both hunted the same areas for a while. Have you ever gone up on the mountain?

Its absoutley amazing how much garbage we bring back off the mountain. Usually at least a saddle bag or 2. Beer cans, plastic wrappers, tuna cans, you name it we bring it back down. Just goes to show how many folks actually make it up there. The only ones we dont get to wound up about are the balloons that find their way up there and get popped. Lots of them have postcards attached. One time we found about 4 of them from a school in Cali land.

We wrote them back and thanked them for killing the cow we pulled it out of.

Shane

·
Registered
124 Posts
"We wrote them back and thanked them for killing the cow we pulled it out of. "

:smack2:

You should have sent them a bill from the rancher.

G

·
Shane, It's been awhile since I've been up on that mountian. With my coyote hunting. I'm usually down lower. I try to kept trash bags in the truck. Last year I came across some backpacks, water jugs, cans, and clothes. I went on and successfully took one coyote. Returned to the truck. Grab some bags. I filled three trash bags. That was over by Three Links Rd. I don't have regular trash pick up at the house. Once or twice a month I make a trip to the dump station. They charge by the truck load. So a few extra bags doesn't cost me anymore. All in all. It's not too bad in that area. I do hunt some areas where it would take months to clean up. That's being just the illegals. There's also some so called hunters out there that could do alot better about what they leave behind, and wildcat dumping is just plain laziness. There's no excuse for it. Cochise County has several free dump days during the year. Two years ago I had some time off before one of those free dump days. For two days I was out picking up trash from the illegals. Come dump time. I had my truck so full that I had to tie them down. It was an even sixty bags. A person could look at that and think that I did pretty good. I didn't even put a dent in the problem. Something has to be done about it. If those illegals can walk in here and leave thier trash. Then it's only right that they can walk out and take thier trash with them. If any of those liberals start complaining. Give them some bags also.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know how many of you read this trash this morning http://www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/dailystar/147968 but what a bunch of liberal spin passed off as journalism.

The writer makes an attempt at telling a story about the difficulties that we face whether a wall is built or not. The biggest problem with the story is the writer gives ink to all the environmentalists who oppose a wall and then casually gives a paragraph or two to those who think differently.

If this person wants to spew this that's fine but it really should go under the editorial section as opinion than located in a part of the paper that people thinks is fact. GEEZ :evil: :x

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Cochise,

Next time you go in off of I-10. Stop at the very first right you make, and walk north for a bit. If you make it to the power line youve gone to far, or the problem was fixed permanent like. Something like 21 tons out of there over several months.

I kind of thumbed over those articles in the paper yesterday. But someone was having a bad day and we had to go. But wasent really interested anyway. The head lines ( and the fact that they would put it front page and all the A section) kind of turned me off to the whole bunch of articles. That side of the paper is kind of lopsided that way. The Citizen seems to be a little more along the lines I prefer.

Shane

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
And I thought politicians were useless

I like this guy!

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0929Pearce29-ON.html
Rep. Pearce calls for mass deportations

Associated Press
Sept. 29, 2006 09:23 AM

A state lawmaker has drawn a firestorm of criticism from the Hispanic community this week by calling for the renewal of a 1950s-era federal deportation program known as "Operation *******."
Rep. Russell Pearce, R-Mesa, a fiery proponent of new border security laws and a crackdown on illegal immigration, talked about the possibility of mass deportations in a radio interview.
"We know what we need to do," Pearce, a Republican seeking re-election, said during the "Morning Edition" show on KJZZ radio in Phoenix. "In 1953, Dwight D. Eisenhower put together a task force called 'Operation *******.' He removed, in less than a year, 1.3 million illegal aliens. They must be deported."
The Arizona Democratic Party noted Pearce's comments in a news release Thursday that included angry comments from Hispanic activists. They noted that the term "*******" is considered derogatory.
Roberto Reveles, the president of Somos America, called Pearce's comments "outrageous" and said his support of such a policy reflects "a sense of insecurity on his part and his fear and loathing of undocumented immigrants."
"(Pearce) is on a constant campaign of demeaning people
and creating an imagery of them in the public's mind as being somewhat less than human," Reveles said.
Pearce defended his comments, accusing activists of supporting "lawbreakers."
"This was a successful program," he said, "and I'm quoting a successful program for those who continue to tell you it's impossible to deport (illegal immigrants) in this country."
Pearce said he was only referring to the term "*******" in its historical context.
"In the '50s it was common. In the '60s it was common. You don't use it today because people have tried to make it offensive," Pearce said. "Things change, and you know what? Who cares? Whatever they want to be called, I'm OK with that."
Pearce said he likes to use "very graphic" terms to make a point.
Pearce is seeking re-election along with Rep. Mark Anderson, R-Mesa, and Democratic challenger Tammie Pursley. They are vying for two seats on the state House of Representatives.
Anderson said he was surprised that Pearce was so overt about his support for the program.
"I've never heard him say that before in such a direct way," Anderson said.
Anderson added that he supports securing the borders, but opposes mass deportation.
"It's not realistic," Anderson said. "Once the border is secure, we can come up with some way for people to earn their citizenship."

Why is it not realistic....it's very possible.

G

·
Re: And I thought politicians were useless

[quoteAnderson said. "Once the border is secure, we can come up with some way for people to earn their citizenship."[/b]
[/quote]

I don't know why politicans want to grant amnesty to these people. They should all go back to their country of origin and stand in line like all the rest. Why should breaking the law give them preferred treatment???

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The answer to that question is simple. Politicians want the vote. And it is that simple. It's part of their job security plan just like keeping the masses on the welfare rolls. Keep em down, keep em dependent on goobermint = job security for the career politician.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
If they are going to start another drag net, They need to start in Maine and work their way down. I have a friend in Northeast Oregon who tells me its hard to find anyone up in his area that speaks English anymore. I hear the same thing from folks all over. Its become an epidemic. In Oregon they are working on the grass seed and mint farms.

Every once in a while we will sit outside our station with our thermal imaging camera and watch them coming up through the pecan orchards. Funny how there always seems to be some BP agents waiting for them when they come out. No idea how that happens. :twisted:

I still cant figure out why its so hard for them to do it right. I realise there are lots of "hoops" to jump through. But all in all it cant be that bad. I know several folks who are here legally, both with green cards and legalized. They didnt seem to mind those " hoops" and are now benefitting ( and for some strange reason working and paying taxes just like the rest of us) from their decisions.

Anyway talking to the choir and beating a dead horse into the dirt.

Shane

1 - 20 of 20 Posts