Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know politics is a touchy subject on many forums. I hope the admins will see that this is an import enough issue to let this stand. Admins, if you are afraid this could devolve as a thread, maybe consider locking it as a read only? I think it’s that important.

I also know it’s last minute. I think today may be the last day before he’s required to sign or veto it. I believe Idaho just passed a similar law
last week, and now several other states are following our lead and have proposed similar laws.

Not looking for debate or discussion. Just asking if your are so inclined to contact the governor and ask him to sign this bill into law. For hunters. For Gun Owners. For all people who value individual liberty and freedom.

I don’t work for nor am I involved with anyone holding political office. Just a nobody with a small voice trying to get the word out.

I have spent the last few day emailing AZ based firearms and accessories manufacturers. Emailing AZ based YouTube “celebrities”. I went to Dillon and Scottsdale Gun Club asking them to get the word via their social media. I don’t have any social media accounts so I’m not sure if they did it or not. I asked Phoenix Rod and Gun club to send out a message it its membership. I posted over at the AZ Gun Owners Forum. Now I’m just asking you to take 30 seconds and email the governor via the form below. Or call. Or both.

Tired of federal gun control laws? Here's our chance to finally do something about it. For real. No more empty talk and promises of "restoring the 2nd amendment"

This is the first time I've seen anything like this in my lifetime and something I have been advocating for for years. At least on gun control. The progressives did this with drugs and immigration. And regardless of how you feel about those subjects, this is what we should do with guns. Tell the feds to go pound sand. There are more of us than there are of them (i.e. the feds). Without state cooperation federal gun control laws are unenforceable.

This is the first step in the nullification of federal gun control laws. It's not the be all end all, but it's a start. I am even skeptical it will make any difference. But at this point I’m willing to try.

Call or write the governor and encourage him to sign it, politely...at least at first...

House Bill 2111 is on Governor Ducey's desk. He has five days to either sign or veto. Please take a moment this week and call or email his office and ask firmly, but politely that he sign the bill. No doubt he will be receiving pressure from a lot of gun control advocates to veto it.

Here is a link to an article that explains what the bill is:

To the Governor: Arizona Passes Bill to End State Enforcement of Federal Gun Control | Tenth Amendment Center

Call: (602) 542-4331

Email: Contact Governor Ducey

Let's get this bill over the finish line! Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
7:48pm and I just now saw this. Little confused on stayed time line. You quote that you “think today is the last day” for the governor to sign it. Then you say that he has five days to sign it or veto it; please take the time this week to contact him. Is it, or is it not to late? Regarding Phoenix Rod and Gun Club; as a member, I never heard a thing from them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7:48pm and I just now saw this. Little confused on stayed time line. You quote that you “think today is the last day” for the governor to sign it. Then you say that he has five days to sign it or veto it; please take the time this week to contact him. Is it, or is it not to late? Regarding Phoenix Rod and Gun Club; as a member, I never heard a thing from them.
Sorry for the confusion.

Some of that is from the email I received from the 10th Amendment Center. Some of it was my ad-lib. Hence the confusion.

I’m not sure if it went to his desk on the 30th or the 31st. I believe it was 5 business days from the day it hit his desk.

Lonnie sent the email out to the practical division at the PRGC. I texted Ben this morning and he advised he had forwarded it to the BOD but the BOD had not acted on it yet On whether to send it to the club at large.

I’d still send a quick email via the link. I haven’t heard anything yet so there may still be time to give input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts