Calling predators/SmallGame/Fishing/Story Telling - UP DATED

Discussion in 'Predators & Furbearers' started by Chief, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief Guest

After a great past week of deer hunting (two quality bucks) and a week of scouting prior to that, plus this hectic Thanskgiving week I plan on taking some time off for the more serious things in life. Leaving Monday morning for a week of calling. Packing up the travel trailer and heading out to points unknown. Have rifles, shotguns, fishing poles and all assorted accessories ready to go, just waiting for Monday morning to get here :beer:

2. Cochise

Cochise Guest

Congrats on your deer hunt. Yep, Monday morning. I've been looking forward to this for a long time myself.

3. kenton6

kenton6 Guest

Have a great time!!!

4. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Chief, Good Luck and wish i was going, but I have that four letter word I still deal with. ( not WIFE, WORK). :lol:

5. Chief

Chief Guest

Can't say you weren't invited, maybe next time.

6. Chief

Chief Guest

All ready. Trailer packed and firmly attached to the truck. Ribs are par-boiled and resting in a homemade Mesquite Sauce, Steak is asleep in some garlic and herbs marindae and the chops are resting comfortably in a cajun marinade, just poured the simmered all night tomatoe sauce into its new home and the Single Barrel Bourbon is safely tucked away for the trip. FoxPro all charged up, batteries replaced in the decoy and hand callers secured to lanyards. Now I can sit back and enjoy football today and tomorrow without to much worry about packing. C'mon Monday....

P.S. Shane and Paul we'll be thinking of ya :beer:

7. Cochise

Cochise Guest

Chief,

I was hoping to have a new .223 for the hunt. All day in Tucson and not one opened sight bolt action rifle anywhere in town. Did manage to find a car for the wife. So I'm set pretty good with her. Monday morning sure seems to be taking it's own sweet time getting here. I've been ready for this hunt for awhile now.

8. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Chief, You guys take care and have fun. Good luck. Will meet you soon.

9. Chief

Chief Guest

What a trip - we had gale force winds and freezing temperatures. The only half way decent morning was Wed, we woke up to calm, cold, cloudy weather, perfect for calling. We got on our first stand about 7 or so and had a coyote come in to my right rear, being righthanded by the time I identified the target and got in a semi shooting position he was on his way out of the area, a quick shot proved futile and he will live to see another sunrise. Winds started up again shortly after that and we headed back to the trailer. Mike heard them howling several times, since I will not have my hearing aids until next week I didn't hear a thing, most of the times I didn't even hear Mike :lol: Last night was terribly cold and the wind was whipping the trailer all night, thought we were going to wake up in Mexico. Got up this morning with snow on the mountain, cold weather and MORE wind, hooked up the trailer and came home. Other than getting to meet Mike the high point of the trip was seeing two Bald Eagles working the lake, Mike even got up close and personal with one of them.

10. Cochise

Cochise Guest

Chief,

Yeah those winds were terrible. But you know what? The time we finally got to spend together made the trip worth it for me. Your a good man. I'm proud to call you a friend. I really enjoyed the trip. Thanks for inviting me along. Our hunts together can only get better.(Producing more to shoot at anyway) Yep, sure was nice to watch a Bald Eagle come out of the trees in front of me and soar out over the lake. A sight like that has a way of touching the inner soul.

Thanks,

Mike