Arizona Hunting Forums banner

can you....

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  az426 
#1 ·
well to make it clear-the hunt regs say that you can get the non permit tag for archery deer for the dec. 15 thru jan. 31st hunt.i would asume that you would have to buy a non permit tag for the current year then another for the next year if you hunted them both,am i assuming correctly?

#3 ·
yeah thats what i was thinking.looks like i will pick up a deer tag for dec. for 20 bucks.i was looking around at other states hunt/fish licences and tags,boy we are really getting reamed in 07' :shock: i know its tough to compare but somethings definately not right,54 bucks just for a hunt/fish combo license.most other states that same license with a deer tag(s) is less than 50 bucks.next year our archery deer tag goes up to 35bucks.sure does stink dont it!

#4 ·
Yep the ole G&F decided to get greedy in the last couple of years. And they are doing a splendid job at it. Not sure exactly what prompted it but they are really sticking it to us this year( spring 07 tags) and next. MY brother in Washington state pays I think $105( dont quote me on this one my memory took a left turn long ago) and get one of every tag they have except moose. Either way on the price he still gets one of every tag they have and the license for less then one of our cow tags. Figure that one out.

Got to love it. NOT!!!!

#5 ·
yep its going to be spendy this year...54 for the hunt/fish combo-28.75 for javelina tag -34.75 for archery deer tag (rifle would be 42.25) and elk for 121.50.grand total for tag,jav,deer and elk=239.00.what a deal huh :( i know thats only if i got drawn in the 1st place but WOW! i do believe that they G/F said something on losing revenue in previous years as to the costs increases,i think they will still sell all of there tags but they will only further seperate the crowds of diehards and not diehards.its hard to introduce people to hunting and shelling out that $$.

#6 ·
Hey AZ426
Not to change the subject but how do you like the Bowtec Bows?? I am wanting to get a new bow and am looking at the Bowtec. I chot one and really liked it.
I am looking at SW to purchase it. Is there other places that sell them cheaper??

Thanks....Kevin

#7 ·
goinhtn63 said:
Hey AZ426
Not to change the subject but how do you like the Bowtec Bows?? I am wanting to get a new bow and am looking at the Bowtec. I chot one and really liked it.
I am looking at SW to purchase it. Is there other places that sell them cheaper??

Thanks....Kevin
well i have a defender an 05' model but it still has the binary cams.i bought mine from SW as well,excellent service and they had to change out my limbs(splintered) and changed my cams(not just the module) to get me the right draw length.no problems from the store,i rate them very very good for their service.if i had the money i would definately get an allegiance or tribute.i test shot one but no way can i spend 700-750 on a bare bow...yet.the allegiance is top of the line, super nice to pull back, super quiet,super fast and as little hand shock as you will find anywhere.my defender is my hunting bow and i have really grown to trust it,its very accurate.as a matter of fact when i discovered my lower limb had a splinter in it i was at the range,the guy next to me asked what i was shooting-i just said bowtech,he then said it sure is quiet.i didnt tell him about the lower limb :lol:

to be honest though any of mathews or hoyt etc.top of the line bows are all very good.the switchback xt,allegiance or even shoot a ross cr334 at SW-these all are exceptionally good.the ross might be cheaper and a tad slower but it has an excellent reputation...ask about one on archerytalk.com.after saying that you wont go wrong with a bowtech.hope i answered your question.

#8 ·
goinhtn63,

Shoot every bow you can get your hands on and then decide which one feels the best for you. Only way to go. Name brands mean nothing if your not comfortable shooting them. I have 2 Hoyts and a Martin. But those are the ones that feel good in my hands. I would really like to own a Bow-tec. But just dont like the feel. Same with the Matthews. I shoot what feels good to me.

You might be suprised at what feels good in your hands. COuld save you loads of cash. And seeing how every compay out there produces quality equipment now days. You cant go wrong with much of anything.

Good luck and get out there and shoot them all.

#9 ·
goinhtn63,

Shoot every bow you can get your hands on and then decide which one feels the best for you. Only way to go. Name brands mean nothing if your not comfortable shooting them. I have 2 Hoyts and a Martin. But those are the ones that feel good in my hands. I would really like to own a Bow-tec. But just dont like the feel. Same with the Matthews. I shoot what feels good to me.

You might be suprised at what feels good in your hands. COuld save you loads of cash. And seeing how every compay out there produces quality equipment now days. You cant go wrong with much of anything.

Good luck and get out there and shoot them all.

#11 ·
yep he's right,shoot as many as you can.if you can shoot a ross at SW give it a try also-supposed to be a very smooth bow and supper easy to tune,excellent company.i havent shot one yet but would like to.i have had 2 pse's , an AR 34 and i currently have the bowtech and a newberry b1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.