Arizona Hunting Forums banner

Center for Biologic Diversity Files to Re-introduce the Grizzly to 12 States

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Savageman2506 
#1 ·
Our favorite enviro-whacko organization as filed to re-introduce grizzlies to the following states: Texas, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Specific locations mentioned include California's Sierra Nevada, the Selway-Bitterroot in Idaho and Montana, and the Grand Canyon.

[Update] Enviro Group Intends to Sue, Wants Grizzlies in 12 Lower 48 States | Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (rmef.org)

Keep in mind, the CBD is con game that uses the Equal Access to Justice Act to file frivolous lawsuits such as this to make money. The Equal Access to Justice Act was passed during the Carter Administration and the peanut farmer signed it into law. It allows organizations or individuals to sue the federal government for redress of grievances and still get paid legal fees even when they lose. The CBD has raked in tens of millions of dollars in legal fees by suing the government over and over again. It is primarily a group of lawyers here in Tucson that is richer than the state.

#2 ·
I would be willing to bet CA has been working on this for more that 10 years. Introducing both wolves and Grizzly.
We have the Gal who introduced wolves back into ID living just south of Yosemite national Park. The farrier we use was taking care of her horses for awhile, until He just could not take listening to her any more.
She is setup in an area that gives her access to the wilderness area between Yosemite valley and Nevada state line. It has long been thought that If anyone tried to re introduce, That's where it would be! DR

Reactions: Savageman2506
#6 ·
Rumor has it they're working on reintroducing grizzlies already, although no transplants have happened yet.

Also, I have it on good authority from a California state licensed depredation trapper and hunter (rare guy who gets paid to kill lions, beavers, bobcats, bears, etc.) that wolves were in California years before the DFG admitted it, and I know quite a few people who've seen em. I've even seen prints a guy casted a day after he took em while scouting for deer, hundreds of miles from the closest wolf pack (in Oregon).

#4 ·
On the surface, the Center for Biological Diversity sounds like a credible organization, dedicated to saving endangered animals. While few of us here would argue against the merits of that goal, they are actually more inline with militant animal rights groups like the Animal Liberation Front and the Animal Rights Militia, which are predominately radical and extreme in the worldview of animal welfare, and more so, are driven by emotion rather than biological science. It's these types of groups who seek to legislate laws affecting the biological outcomes of animal welfare, whilst throwing most all biological science into the ditch. Most of us refer to these type of people as "bunny huggers". You'll ONLY find these folks at various state G&F meetings and courthouses, doing whatever they can to tilt the laws to fit their agendas and worldview. One place you'll NEVER find these animal activists is at any "boots on the ground" conservation programs or participating in any "hands on" programs which actually do something good for the animals they swear to protect. In my book, that makes them troublemakers and hypocrites. What's worse is that they use taxpayer monies to mechanize their extremism. They are the quintessential definition of wolves in sheep's clothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.