Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, This morning, 4;30 am, Im walking across yard to truck to go to office, hit the remote to unlock truck, you know the front, rear taillights come on for about 15 seconds, standing right at the edge of light, 2 orange eyeballs, about 2.5 ft off ground, 6 in apart staring at me. LOL, was no kitty cat, I'm thinking Mt. Lion looking for kitty's or small dog, stood until lights went off, then gone, from about 50 ft. Could here it run off for about a second, then gone.Got flashlight out of truck, looked for a minute or two, but it was gone, Had to be a Lion due to size and Orange Glow Eyes. Not the first time Ive had lions in yard, my wife and I have had several encounters in the yard over the years, Daytime is a bit different, night time is a whole different story, a bit of an uneasy feeling. Here Kitty- Kitty.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good evening to all-
Bear- I am very glad that I was not there with you when you saw the big cat looking at you. I reckon at that moment if I had been there, I would have found out if I could still run as fast as I once could. or perhaps I could find out if YOU could outrun ME. I've dealt with bears some and sharks and gators quite a bit, but I do believe a big cat looking at me just might put the googley-eye squinches on me.

thank you for the account- very interesting.

Ed

·
Registered
136 Posts
Many years ago, I was moving along a mountainside trail in Alaska and came to a narrow spot on a blind corner. It was thick with alders and I was bent over moving through the thick cover. I came around the blind corner and was literally nose to nose with a grizzly bear coming the other way on the trail. At the time, I would have sworn that it was the largest grizzly in the world and we froze there checking each other out for at least a half hour.

In reality, the whole encounter lasted maybe 5 seconds and the bear was young, probably just out of being a yearling. He turned and bolted off the trail, leaving behind proof that he was as scared as I was. I miss the big bears, they make life more interesting.

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok WTH? Whos getting up to go to work at 4:30 am?
I do, Its the beginning of my busy season, 2 hours or so in am is the time I like to do my bids and paperwork, the phone rings all day, yesterday I got calls for 8 jobs, may only do two, but will look at all. Im wanting to semi retire, Ill take on the money making jobs that are not a pain in the butt and not to demanding on myself or crew. Stuff I can charge big bucks for and keep all happy, nothing worse then digging ditches up here in rocky hard ground, my employees dont like doing that. Plus get up early, its quite outside, can watch the Sunrise, knowing I LIVE IN THE GREATEST Place in AZ, and listen to the young bulls try to bugle, I always get a chuckle from the young bulls.

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
You know the rules. Pics or it didn’t happen.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
About the same happen to me in Wa state. Flipped on porch light to get something from truck and our eyes met about the same. Standing on our deck. Never went out again at night! Haha. Big cat and that cat was way more afraid of me. Kinda. Lol. Very uneasy feeling for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts