Coues with a stick

Discussion in 'Archers Lodge' started by azshtr, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Great community here. I just joined.

My hunting style is solo with a bow. Most of my experience the last few years is in the lower half of 22. I want to go minimal backpack into more remote areas such as the Mazatal Wilderness (sp?). A tarp, bag, pepsi can stove, etc for Coues. Get in and hunt a few days. Any access tips? Sheeps crossing and up, Deer Creek access? Does anyone else hunt in that area? Where do you check for spring reliabilty? What is your method if you do minimal backpack hunting?

Glad to be part of this group. Thanks for any help.

2. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Welcome azshtr, I like your way-" SOLO WITH A BOW" :lol:
    Sorry I'm not a bow hunter anymore..... I think I'll start up again just so I can get a tag.

Just wanted to Welcome you.

3. Thanks TallPaul. I quit rifle the day I was glassing and glassed up a hunter on the other side of the canyon, looking at me, through his rifle scope! I love going out and seeing no other hunter. I love that the deer are not pushed. I love the no hurry pace of bow hunting.

If any of you pack light when hunting check out the pepsi can stove... very cool. I have been using one for 2 years now. I'll never go back to a store bought stove. Google it.

4. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Hey azshtr, I did the google and all I could fine was this.
    I guess it works
    [​IMG]

I was just kidding..
    :lol: looks good and will it cook a 8 cup pot of Coffee?

5. I think you missed the "stove" part of that search :lol:

6. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

azshtr, Look back up at my post . YOU posted while I was editing it. :roflpmp:

7. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Pepsi can stove

Here it is....... :lol:

[​IMG]

Just having some fun AZSHTR. WELCOME. Thanks for the info.

[​IMG]

8. chirp chirp... crickets in here :p

9. I have been chasing those stinking little critters with a bow for the last oh 5-6 years or so. Ihave never backpacked in like that. I have pack in horseback a few times for the rifle seasons way back when. When I do hunt them I tend to hunt them just like I would with a rifle. Spot and stalk. Got to have my binos and the tripod. And going it on the fly like you're doing, it would be the same thing. Although I am hearing more and more about folks hunting up there in the pines with tree stands over water and salt-licks. seems to be the way to go now days, and they are coming back with some real nice ones.

Other then that Idont know. Good luck,

Shane

10. I have been chasing those stinking little critters with a bow for the last oh 5-6 years or so. Ihave never backpacked in like that. I have pack in horseback a few times for the rifle seasons way back when. When I do hunt them I tend to hunt them just like I would with a rifle. Spot and stalk. Got to have my binos and the tripod. And going it on the fly like you're doing, it would be the same thing. Although I am hearing more and more about folks hunting up there in the pines with tree stands over water and salt-licks. seems to be the way to go now days, and they are coming back with some real nice ones.

Other then that Idont know. Good luck,

Shane