December Wild Game Recipe

Discussion in 'The Chuck Wagon' started by Chief, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief Guest

Braised Venison Medillions with Apples - We did this with our November deer and it was great.

Ingredients:
    1 Venison tenderloin sliced into medillions - we sliced our into 8 pieces about 2 inches thick and froze the rest for another time.
    1 Teaspoon pumpkin pie mix
    1 Small onion - chopped
    1/2 Cup apple cider (NOT JUICE)
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 Teaspoon olive oil
    1 Large Apple, cored coarsely chopped
    1 Bottle of Beer and a frosted mug

1. Pour beer slowly into mug and take a small sip, you should continue this process until you are done with the recipe :lol:
    2. Season medallions on both sides with pepper and pumpkin pie spice. (take a sip)
    3. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. (take a sip)
    4. Brown venison on both sides, remove from pan and place on warm surface. (take a sip)
    5. Add onions and apples to skillet, saute until just tender. (take a sip)
    6. Add cider to skillet and heat to a simmer, (take a sip, if your sips are large please feel free to open another bottle)
    7. Return venison to the skillet cover and simmer until done. Remember that venison should be served rare to medium rare.

2. Doggone you Chief!

I'm seriously craving venison now and I don't have any....one of these days.
    Looks like a good recipe.

3. Dave Price

Dave Price Moderator Staff Member Mod Premium Member

I an also craving venison, but I can and will take a sip!

4. thats sounds good (take a sip)

5. Well I have the ingredients for sipping, have to wait until Dec 15th for archery deer to open to try for the rest needed to make this meal.

6. 2400

2400 Guest

I've got 1 Elk tenderloin left I'll give this a try, thanks.