Deer roast

Discussion in 'The Chuck Wagon' started by az-jim, Nov 8, 2020.

1. I shot a young elk once and would do it again in a heart beat. The BEST.

bearfoot1 likes this.
  2. Pressure Cooker! sear in skillet, put in Instant Pot for 6 minutes with some onions, GSP, natural release..........NOM, NOM!!

az-jim likes this.

3. If you want a different spin to try with your roasts. I HIGHLY recommend Birria Tacos. Look up the recipe on You tube, and just substitute it with Vension. Its the best way to enjoy Deer roasts IMO. If you are a fan of Mexican food, and don't mind spice. This is where its at. I use my Elk, Bear and Coues meat, and its stupid good

az-jim likes this.
  4. If you do want to do an actual roast, I like to use my roasting oven that I have a few of for turkeys. Cooks fast and easy to clean up. I love steaks, so most of the time everything gets sliced into steak size meals LOL

BW56 likes this.
  5. az-jim

az-jim Staff Member Mod Premium Member

I have recently discovered a recipe for birria tacos that looks amazing, I haven’t tried it yet but would like to, just to see if it needs tweaking before I commit my precious venison to it.

James WIse likes this.
  6. We Get Birria Tacos at one of the local joints, Oh so Good, and the dipping sauce that comes with it is so good, I believe a consumma.

James WIse likes this.
  7. Yes! The first time I tried it, I used Elk and Bear roasts, and we were shocked! It actually it is simple, but we have tweeked it a bit

8. Birria is all over Yuma! if i tried every one i'd weigh 500 pounds in a couple weeks! Soo good!

az-jim and James WIse like this.