Dove and Quail Hunt

Discussion in 'Hunting Lounge' started by TallPaul, Jan 1, 2007.

1. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

It is short notice- Any one want to go for a Dove and quail hunt this morning? I'll be heading out about 7:00 - 8:00 AM. Wife is sleeping so I am sneaking out to start the New Year with some Hunting. I think next weekend is the End of Dove Season.
    I will check on this for post.

2. I would have enjoyed that, but am heading out the door for pigs :D

3. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Oh , Good Luck and this will be the Year. :lol:

4. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

1st of the Year !

I was able to bag some Dove and another rabbit this morning. Started out cloudy and the Dove were slow. As soon as the sun came out action was fast and fun. I was trying to get the Quail, but they were to smart and fast for me. Will it looks like next weekend is the end of Dove until Sept. 1st 2007. These will be the last pictures ( are you bored with them now :lol: ) for this part of the year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will give you something to look at. Next photos I hope are with my 1st Javelina :D

5. TXJavi

TXJavi Guest

Great Pics TallPaul!!!!! I was just wondering how the dove and quail poulations are in AZ????? I never have been in that neck of the woods, so I am curious. I just went quail hunting yesterday, for Blues. Them little speed demons wore me out. We didn't see as many coveys as we had earlier in the year. Ours was also a mixed bag of quail and cottontails. Earlier in the year I went dove hunting, took my limits both times. I love to bird hunt, and these are my number one species to go after. :D

6. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Ron, populations of Quail are down due to draught we have been in for some years now. ( but I hunt in the Desert and I thought it was suppose to this way) I was pretty lucky this year with my Dove hunting secret spot ( It is near a Dairy Farm ) but it won't be there this year due to our ever incresing Human population. Houses will be taking over and I will need to find another secret Dove Spot. As far as the Dove population goes I only know of where I hunt ( not the whole State) it was decliened somewhat from the year before. I notice fewer Birds than the last few years. I still get my share and limits, but with the farm land around my area disappearing it will meen I will have to find other hunt spot father away.
    So far, for years I have only hunted Gambel Quail in the low desert here in the East Valley of Phoenix. We have Scaled and Mearns Quail here and they are a drive for me to get there and hunt them.Some Day, some day.