Dove recipes

Discussion in 'The Chuck Wagon' started by Fern, Aug 30, 2020.

1. With dove opener this coming week what’s everyone go to recipes for dove?
    I have done them with cream of mushroom in crockpot over rice with peas or other veggies

2. Breasts laid open, close them around a piece of pepper jack and either jalepeno or banana pepper, wrap with a piece of thick peppered bacon hold together with a toothpick and fry in a skillet or grill. When the bacon is done the dove is done. Drop some mango salsa on a plate with some rice over it top with the dove skewers and thank me later

SingleShot20G likes this.

3. Taking mine to Idaho on Salmon trip, jalapeno, slice of bacon wrapped, on grill with salmon fillets.

4. I posted this before, but Hank Shaw’s Dateland Popper Recipe is a great changeup to the standard popper. Several of my non hunting friends enjoy them as does my partner and she is picky as hell!

https://honest-food.net/bacon-wrapped-dove-recipe/

I prefer to use halved Medjool dates instead of honey dates and add some sliced jalapeños for a little extra kick. Oddly, I tried it with honey dates and it was too sweet for me. Also, works great on blue wing teal, which has a similar taste as dove!

72C1A75D-D8C3-44EF-B386-91E37C3ECE4B.jpeg

5. Buster those look amaze balls. Going to have to bookmark that recipe

Buster likes this.
  6. Fern, most of the dove balls i find are too small? those must be hybrids! Actually the recipe sounds great, but i HATE dates! may try w/o the dates. i prefer deep fried, but imma do poppers again, got burnt out for a long time on them

7. Traditional poppers for opening day lunch. Beautiful morning with some great company!
    00C46C8B-D313-49BA-91B5-F84155A18990.jpeg

Azn8v, Rook16, bearfoot1 and 2 others like this.
  8. Spicy Thai dove nuggets with white rice. Delicious!!
    3A90ACBF-0181-4088-8052-0CF4BB76B3E9.jpeg B0C2BEA2-782C-4483-8D1D-E28C63C3B70F.jpeg 32AC15F8-148A-4F5F-8AF7-78BAD5E5C556.jpeg

bearfoot1, Buster, Codlew and 2 others like this.