Dove Recipes ????

Discussion in 'The Chuck Wagon' started by TallPaul, Aug 5, 2006.

1. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

I am looking for a good Dove recipe(Chief - hint) I Dove hunt as much as I can just about every weekend and I always go out Openning Day. I just cook them on the grill, either mariated or I wrap one piece of Bacon around it and call it good. ( Chief - hint hint) If any one has any recipe for Dove I will be trying them.
    Less than a Month away until OPENING DAY. I am ready. :beer:

2. Along with wrapping in bacon, stick a jalapeno slice and an oyster under the bacon wrap.

Make a small batch of Chorizo with them. One of the guys from a different board that took my sausage class last year, Tompaz, said he made some up and it was wonderful. Only problem was he wished he had more birds to make a bigger batch.

Cook in a pressure cooker with orange juice. My wife does this with quail and loves it, figured it ought to be good with dove.

Slice the breasts and cook with peppers & onions and make fajita's. Not going to be able to feed a bunch of folks but two can get a real feast.

These are a few off the top of my head. If I run into any others I will share.

3. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Thanks AzSlim. I will try some of this in the up coming Season.

4. Paul I'll post one or two later today. Dove are good just about anyway you do them, seems that the way most people do them are wrapped in bacon variations. I have a few recipes that are not done that way. However you gotta keep in mind that these are old secret family recipes and are not to be told to anyone.

5. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

I won't tell anyone. :lol:

I know there are other ways to cook Dove. I still cook them with the bacon. I tried to make a stew, and it was okay, But heck chief you have these wonderful recipes that make my mouth water just reading them.
    3 more weeks. I am counting down the Days. :D