Arizonahuntingforums.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good Dove recipe(Chief - hint) I Dove hunt as much as I can just about every weekend and I always go out Openning Day. I just cook them on the grill, either mariated or I wrap one piece of Bacon around it and call it good. ( Chief - hint hint) If any one has any recipe for Dove I will be trying them.
Less than a Month away until OPENING DAY. I am ready. :beer:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Along with wrapping in bacon, stick a jalapeno slice and an oyster under the bacon wrap.

Make a small batch of Chorizo with them. One of the guys from a different board that took my sausage class last year, Tompaz, said he made some up and it was wonderful. Only problem was he wished he had more birds to make a bigger batch.

Cook in a pressure cooker with orange juice. My wife does this with quail and loves it, figured it ought to be good with dove.

Slice the breasts and cook with peppers & onions and make fajita's. Not going to be able to feed a bunch of folks but two can get a real feast.

These are a few off the top of my head. If I run into any others I will share.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AzSlim. I will try some of this in the up coming Season.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul I'll post one or two later today. Dove are good just about anyway you do them, seems that the way most people do them are wrapped in bacon variations. I have a few recipes that are not done that way. However you gotta keep in mind that these are old secret family recipes and are not to be told to anyone.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chief said:
However you gotta keep in mind that these are old secret family recipes and are not to be told to anyone.
I won't tell anyone. :lol:

I know there are other ways to cook Dove. I still cook them with the bacon. I tried to make a stew, and it was okay, But heck chief you have these wonderful recipes that make my mouth water just reading them.
3 more weeks. I am counting down the Days. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts