Dove Salad

Discussion in 'The Chuck Wagon' started by Chief, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief Guest

Did something new for lunch today, nothing fancy but it sure tasted good and is "PROBABLY" good for ya also :?:

Ingredients:

12 Dove breast, thinly sliced
    1 Bag Pre-Pack Spring Baby Green salad mix, but I guess any salad mix that you like will work
    1 Bottle Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Dressing

Marinade dove breast overnight with just enough of the dressing to cover them. With you grill on med-high grill with bone side down first for several minutes, basting with marinade as needed. Flip over, baste some more and cook for a few minutes more do not over cook, should be a little rare to medium-rare. After they are done remove from bone and thinly slice, length wise. In a salad bowl add you salad mix and toss with the Sun Dried Tomato dressing (I added some radicchio to give it some color plus a few :D piece of blue cheese) place dove strips on salad and your done.

A chilled glass of a good red wine tops off a refreshing lunch.

2. Chief, if you have a vacuum sealer try it for your marinating. I bought a canister that works with my sealer, uses a flexible tube to remove the air, and have been using it lately for marinates. It works great!

3. Chief

Chief Guest

Great advice Slim. I do have one and I do use it for marinating when I'm in a hurry. Often we will decide on something for dinner but have no time to marinate - presto the vacum seal - works great. When time is of no concern I prefer the old fashion way.