Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did something new for lunch today, nothing fancy but it sure tasted good and is "PROBABLY" good for ya also :?:

Ingredients:

12 Dove breast, thinly sliced
1 Bag Pre-Pack Spring Baby Green salad mix, but I guess any salad mix that you like will work
1 Bottle Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Dressing

Marinade dove breast overnight with just enough of the dressing to cover them. With you grill on med-high grill with bone side down first for several minutes, basting with marinade as needed. Flip over, baste some more and cook for a few minutes more do not over cook, should be a little rare to medium-rare. After they are done remove from bone and thinly slice, length wise. In a salad bowl add you salad mix and toss with the Sun Dried Tomato dressing (I added some radicchio to give it some color plus a few :D piece of blue cheese) place dove strips on salad and your done.

A chilled glass of a good red wine tops off a refreshing lunch.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Chief, if you have a vacuum sealer try it for your marinating. I bought a canister that works with my sealer, uses a flexible tube to remove the air, and have been using it lately for marinates. It works great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great advice Slim. I do have one and I do use it for marinating when I'm in a hurry. Often we will decide on something for dinner but have no time to marinate - presto the vacum seal - works great. When time is of no concern I prefer the old fashion way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts