Dove with Sauce

Discussion in 'The Chuck Wagon' started by Chief, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Hard to beat the old tried and true method of wrapped in bacon with whatever else you may like, peppers, shrimp, oysters, etc. You may or may not like this one, have had people tell me it was great and also have had people ask me if I made it for the dog :D

Marinade:
    1-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    3 garlic cloves (or more :) ) minced
    3/4 cup of dry red wine
    Fresh ground black pepper

Mix well and pour in plactic bag, put dove in and marindae in refrigerator 24 hours or at least overnight.

Sauce:
    1-1/2 cup heavy cream
    2 garlic cloves (or more :) ) minced
    3 Tablespoons Dijoin mustard
    2 Tablespoons ground mustard, I have used both rough ground and fine ground, don't think it matters to much
    Salt and pepper to your liking

Place the cream and garlic in a large saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly to prevent the cream from boiling over. When the cream is reduced to about half and thick enough to coat the back of the spoon stir in the two mustards and mix well. Reduce heat to LOW.

Place your birds on the grill at medium high and cook for about 7 or 9 minutes per side, or until done the way you like them. Remove from grill and place on serving platter, pour yourself a cold beer and let the birds "rest" for about 5 minutes. Open another beer, pour the warm sauce over the birds and enjoy.