Draw is up!

Discussion in 'Hunting Lounge' started by TallPaul, Jul 24, 2006.

1. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Super Mod Mod

I drew a 34A Coues Tag. That's good enough for me. There's too much going on with trying to sell the house and move - to deal with a lope or elk tag...

3. Well isn't this just like a swift kick to me lucky charms... :shock: :shock: :roll:
    Struck out this year looks like. I guess it's archery deer for me. Anyone interested in an archery Kiabab hunt?
    I'm thinking I just may have to give that a shot, but I'm an archery rookie. Any intrest? Any tips?
    Thanks in advance.
    Ron

4. Dutchman, my hint for archery deer - pick a different unit. The strip country gets overwhelmed during archery season with Az folks that didn't get drawn and more out-of-staters than you can shake a stick at. If you want a little elbow room and not too many people try somewhere south of I-40. And when Dec hits try the desert areas, all you need to do is hunt water. If you find a tank with fresh sign and can sit it from 07:00 to 10:00 3 days in a row you will have deer come in. And jan is when the mule deer rut kicks in, that is a good time to hunt too.

5. Thanks AZslim, I appreciate the advice. I'm not too much for crowds, and would much rather have a little elbow room.
    Now that I think about it, South of I40 would be a whole lot more economical too. My old truck will get me there, but I need frequent gas stops.
    Thanks again.

6. Oh yea, I got 5BS archery bull, my daughters got cow tags in the Limited Op units and my youngest got her deer tag in 42. Looks like no sitting home pouting for me this fall. Now if I can just get some guiding business thrown in I will be estatic.

7. I drew unit 21 December whitetail and that was it.

I agree with Slim. Don't go to the Kiabab. I went last year and have gone several other years and it is very crowded!!! There are many other areas to go that still hold good quality bucks. Congrats to those that have drawn!

8. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Zero For Me

I got the BIG Did NOT DRAW. :cry: Congrates to all that drawed. And Good Luck. If any One needs some help with their hunt I am available. I just need notice!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  9. Dutchman, archery deer is my passion. I'm not very good at it but it sure is fun.

Just an opinion, but there is some Sept. archery deer hunting not that far from the valley that is as good as anything open north of the Colorado River. And buy an archery turkey tag while you're at it.

The late desert rut hunt can be phenomenal, just pray for a dry year. Wet years can be a bitch to hunt.

Blake, are you going after that bear at the tank you had your trail cam on last year? If time permits I may have to give bear hunting a shot this year.

Almost forgot, no draw for me this year but my family drew 5 general deer tags and one unit 9 general bull tag. That should keep me busy until Dec.

10. Hey Bruce,

Looks like this year, I will be in 6B for bears. That hunt starts in a few weeks. If that doesn't pan out, I will be back at that tank trying to find that monster. One thing is for sure, though. I will put some serious time in this year for my bear.