Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes me mad I missed mine. I watch the G&F site all the time before the draw. Got busy at work and didn't get to sneak on. COME ON TURKEY AND JAVELINA.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Marshall, For not putting in 37B.... I got it and that was first choose. :beer:

AND I GOT TURKEY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Chief and congratulation on your Draw. I know 35A will be one less Javelina with you out there. :lol:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
What a day, I got on first attempt for all of us. Get this. the kids drew their first choices,, Both of them.. Oldest got the jr hunt in 33, and #2 drew the rifle season in 33. She turns 10 on the day the jr. hunt ended so had to put her in for the general season. And all of us drew for Turkey also. But thats going on another thread. LOL

Shane

oh and I drew the 33 archery also. LOL

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rifle javelina 37B. I may use my dad's Winchester 94, 30-30. Maybe be a little too much gun, but I love carrying and shooting it.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
30-30 can be a good pig gun if you load it down a little. Or make a lung shot. But yes it will definately put one down.LOL

Good luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
24B General, I just bought a 300 wsm which is the only rifle I have at the moment so I hope it will put one down. I plan on doing some scouting during some quail hunts and what not. Pretty excited this is my first time I put in for the draw here.

Good Luck to everyone,

Justin

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Jaybee,

I would beg borrow or steal something a little smaller then a 300wsm for piggies. If you happen to miss all the bones you might recover a couple of lbs of meat. if you hit a bone you might recover a couple lbs of burger. Thats alot of gun for a 40lb on the hoof animal. But if thats all you have then aim very carefully and try to "bark" one. You can use the .22 rimfire magnum on pigs also. Might give you another choice.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
because it's fun.Frog

·
Registered
727 Posts
That was a Nov. 2006 post..where we goin here sturgemeister?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts