Elk Draws

Discussion in 'Big Game' started by bearfoot1, Jan 1, 2018.

1. I don't choose my own hunts my calendar chooses them for me so this year I am targeting 22N Cow Hunt Oct 19-25. Mostly because I know the area a little and although there are a lot of tags there is room to spread out. Considering up north as well for 2-5 any thoughts?

2. Your calendar??? Does it pick randomly or is there a specificity to the units selected.. weather, migration, past hunt success??

3. I wish it had something to do with hunting but its between my work and personal calendars. I have to be in my office at month end, my Son's birthday in October, my kids are little so Halloween is a no go and as a compromise for my year round hunting adventures I don't hunt in December. So Elk is tough, Deer is a bit easier and calendar wise Spring is best for me which is why I am all about the Thunder Chicken!

Birdbanger83 likes this.
  4. Eventually the kids grow up and leave the nest, work slows down, we slow down. If you need help on a draw if successful, Ill give you the best info I can for the area drawn. I got no problem sharing even if Im hunting the same unit. I wish everyone could get drawn, but if that happened there would be no elk. Did you get a tag for Thunder Chicken ? Where?

5. do you see many elk in 22n?

6. I see elk every day north and east of Payson.

kcota15 and Ramspeed like this.
  7. My draw is in...may the force be with me...

8. Do you put in for that unit? Since you might know it better then most.

9. I have never been on an elk hunt but would love to do so. If anyone is interested in having a newbie tag along and help out in camp...I am your guy. My thought is, tell me the unit you have put in for, I will do the same. If I get a tag, great, if not....I will be happy to help you get your meat out and help around camp. If I get a tag, help me get one and I am happy to get you some of the meat (If I get one that is). Any takers?

azelkhntr and Birdbanger83 like this.
  10. S
    sent you a message