Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On February 26th I emailed the Forest Service about boat privilege's with the Tonto Pass. I then decided to call the next day and got my answer and forgot about the e-mail I sent.

Well I received a response today :D so it DOES work, you just have to be patient...

Speaking of patience I have done a few non-draw transactions with AZGF lately related to my boat and it has been flawless and quick and all items have come in the mail within a few days.

·
Administrator
6,458 Posts
On February 26th I emailed the Forest Service about boat privilege's with the Tonto Pass. I then decided to call the next day and got my answer and forgot about the e-mail I sent.

Well I received a response today :D so it DOES work, you just have to be patient...

Speaking of patience I have done a few non-draw transactions with AZGF lately related to my boat and it has been flawless and quick and all items have come in the mail within a few days.
My only interaction with the FS in recent years was by phone. I requested permission to retrieve a couple of cameras that were inside the Bighorn Fire burn closure area. The lady was very polite and said she would check and get back to me. It took about a week, but she finally returned my call to tell me (politely) that my request was denied. So my experience matches yours in that they are generally responsive if a bit slow.

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
I had a question about a cabin that sits on FS property. It is a historical site. I tried to get to it a couple of times down the road off of a major FS road. The road in had numerous "private property" keep out signs. Every map I had said it was not private. I called the area station who gave me the name and address of the person who handles FS leases. I emailed and that person got back with me a few days later, promised to look it up and let me know. It took a couple of months but she did call me back with the information.

Seems it is a historical family lease that will remain with that family until they are all gone and then revert to the FS. They are not supposed to block access but should not be disturbed when using the property.

In another case awhile back I contacted Coconino NF when they put the camping restrictions in. I had a running e-mail information train going as the person in charge of that and I discussed some of the roads in question. He was very helpful and we discussed why some roads should not be removed from use and some of those that should. Very responsive.

Reactions: SingleShot20G

·
Registered
739 Posts
I had a great experience with Tonto NF yesterday but it was over the phone. Called to get a free woodcutting permit, the woman took my name and number, called back within a couple hours, my permit and info packet is in the mail. It seems like their website info is often outdated so I'm glad to see they keep their lines of communication open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts