End of a GREAT Hunting weekend.

Discussion in 'Bird Dogs, Upland, Migratory & Waterfowl' started by TallPaul, Sep 4, 2006.

1. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Well it's almost over for me, the weekend that is. I had a great weekend of dove hunting with my son and his friend( our other part time son). I got to spend time with my son on a more down to earth way and he seemed to be the same with me. I got to give a little of my knowledge to them and they even taught me a thing that they are growing up.
    This morning my son and I went out for Dove hunt, just he and I. We had a great time and Josh is getting to be a better shot every time we go out.
    Here come some more photos, if you guys are not bored with them yet. I remembered to bring the camera this morning, so we have some action shots. Hope they come though. may have to post them later I was having trouble upload some pictures.

This is Josh after about a half hour of hunting at Day Break.
    [​IMG]

Josh Waiting for more Birds
    [​IMG]

Here they come again
    [​IMG]

Taking Aim
    [​IMG]

Got another
    [​IMG]

My turn
    [​IMG]

Take um
    [​IMG]

Reloading as They come in.
    [​IMG]

Eurasian Dove- The only one I bagged. It was a high flyer. Thought I could get 25.
    [​IMG]

The Eurasian Collared Dove photo's didn't come out that well.

[​IMG]

Josh with Birds He bagged 7
    [​IMG]

Me with Birds
    [​IMG]

Okay the weather was HOT. I was sweating every day at 6:00Am. The last picture of me with birds you see my shirt is soaked. I can't wait to it cools off.
    Over the weekend I got to shoot Doves- Saw a Coyote run at me ( only had bird shot in gun) - Saw a bunch of Quail ( or I should I say COVEYS) - Saw a few Hawks - Saw some Jackrabbits but didn't have a shot- Saw Cotton Tails but didn't have a shot,because I was looking for Dove.( Sure) Saw the most Buzzards I every saw in one place. ( I need to get out more) :lol: And The best thing--- Got to go hunting with my son Josh. Now that was a priceless weekend. The good thing this work week will be shorter. :lol:

So how did you all do? Any Eurasian Dove? Are you going out next weekend?
    PS. Who said there is no green in the Desert?

2. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Nice day, nice pics, nice story. Thanks for sharing Paul.

I have yet to go dove hunting. And to think, my dove hunting spot is only 3/4 of a mile away. Maybe next weekend will be "just for me"? Did I mention I hate painting? :roll:

3. Chief

Chief Guest

Well - did ya ever out? Is the house painting done?

4. AZ~ThunderDan

Yes, and thanks for asking... the painting is all done! WooHoo!

I have left to do the following: install a garage entry door, install a security door on the front house entry, install all new door-knobs and dead-bolts (6 - all keyed alike), some shelves to cut/stain for a closet, about 100-miles of moulding to miter cut/install, and drain/cover the evaporative cooler.

The last 3 days have been nothing but packing and moving. I thank God my son was around to help and the fact I got a trailer loaned to me. Our house and garage looks like the Great Pyramids - with all the boxes stacked everywhere.

I figure sometime around late December, everything will be put in its proper place. Just in time to ask... "Honey, where'd we put the Christmas tree?"

Did I mention I hate painting? LOL.

5. AZ~ThunderDan

Sorry Chief, I just "remembered I forgot" to answer your first question.

No, I never did make it out dove hunting. But that's OK. I'll have a valid excuse to come down south for the "late" hunt. :wink: