Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's almost over for me, the weekend that is. I had a great weekend of dove hunting with my son and his friend( our other part time son). I got to spend time with my son on a more down to earth way and he seemed to be the same with me. I got to give a little of my knowledge to them and they even taught me a thing that they are growing up.
This morning my son and I went out for Dove hunt, just he and I. We had a great time and Josh is getting to be a better shot every time we go out.
Here come some more photos, if you guys are not bored with them yet. I remembered to bring the camera this morning, so we have some action shots. Hope they come though. may have to post them later I was having trouble upload some pictures.

This is Josh after about a half hour of hunting at Day Break.

Josh Waiting for more Birds

Here they come again

Taking Aim

Got another

My turn

Take um

Reloading as They come in.

Eurasian Dove- The only one I bagged. It was a high flyer. Thought I could get 25.

The Eurasian Collared Dove photo's didn't come out that well.

Josh with Birds He bagged 7

Me with Birds

Okay the weather was HOT. I was sweating every day at 6:00Am. The last picture of me with birds you see my shirt is soaked. I can't wait to it cools off.
Over the weekend I got to shoot Doves- Saw a Coyote run at me ( only had bird shot in gun) - Saw a bunch of Quail ( or I should I say COVEYS) - Saw a few Hawks - Saw some Jackrabbits but didn't have a shot- Saw Cotton Tails but didn't have a shot,because I was looking for Dove.( Sure) Saw the most Buzzards I every saw in one place. ( I need to get out more) :lol: And The best thing--- Got to go hunting with my son Josh. Now that was a priceless weekend. The good thing this work week will be shorter. :lol:

So how did you all do? Any Eurasian Dove? Are you going out next weekend?
PS. Who said there is no green in the Desert?

·
Administrator
6,602 Posts
Nice day, nice pics, nice story. Thanks for sharing Paul.

I have yet to go dove hunting. And to think, my dove hunting spot is only 3/4 of a mile away. Maybe next weekend will be "just for me"? Did I mention I hate painting? :roll:

·
Administrator
6,602 Posts
Yes, and thanks for asking... the painting is all done! WooHoo!

I have left to do the following: install a garage entry door, install a security door on the front house entry, install all new door-knobs and dead-bolts (6 - all keyed alike), some shelves to cut/stain for a closet, about 100-miles of moulding to miter cut/install, and drain/cover the evaporative cooler.

The last 3 days have been nothing but packing and moving. I thank God my son was around to help and the fact I got a trailer loaned to me. Our house and garage looks like the Great Pyramids - with all the boxes stacked everywhere.

I figure sometime around late December, everything will be put in its proper place. Just in time to ask... "Honey, where'd we put the Christmas tree?"

Did I mention I hate painting? LOL.

·
Administrator
6,602 Posts
Sorry Chief, I just "remembered I forgot" to answer your first question.

No, I never did make it out dove hunting. But that's OK. I'll have a valid excuse to come down south for the "late" hunt. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts