Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be neat to hear everyones' favorite authors, so I'll throw out a few of mine in no real order of preference.

Louis L'Amour
Terry C Johnston
Clive Cussler
Jesse Stuart

BTW - our turkey is out cooking at 309 degrees on my trusty old weber kettle grill. Using a little cherry wood along with the charcoal. We've got the rolls baked, the cranberries boiled down (don't care much for the canned cranberries), coconut cream & pumpkin pie baked, and getting started on the deviled eggs (threw a pretty good jalepeno into the mix as well!).
Will be making homemade jalepeno bacon wrapped poppers (these peppers are small but HOT!) stuffed with a seasoned
cream cheese mixture for an appetizer, along with some other stuff yet to make. Can't wait to eat, and probably take a good old nap.

G

·
DutchmanAZ said:
BTW - our turkey is out cooking at 309 degrees on my trusty old weber kettle grill. Using a little cherry wood along with the charcoal. We've got the rolls baked, the cranberries boiled down (don't care much for the canned cranberries), coconut cream & pumpkin pie baked, and getting started on the deviled eggs (threw a pretty good jalepeno into the mix as well!).
Will be making homemade jalepeno bacon wrapped poppers (these peppers are small but HOT!) stuffed with a seasoned
cream cheese mixture for an appetizer, along with some other stuff yet to make. Can't wait to eat, and probably take a good old nap.
Hey Ron, I am trying to grill our Turkey also. I am on a Gas Grill, But I am doing it in a pan for now. I have cooked Chicken, Cornish Game Hens, Dove , Quail. This is the Biggist Bird I have tried to cook. WE are Hoping it WORKS :lol: . I have cooked a Whole Chicken with no problems but this may be a nightmare.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
my favorite authors,

Loius L'Amour
Tom Clancy

Thats about it I guess,

Our turkey is in the oven. LOL.. Should be done here iin a few. I got kicked out of the kitchen, so am on here trying not to get into trouble. LOL

Shane

G

·
I'd would have to say Louis L'Amour. I have over forty of his books. I've got one and ahalf of those to read. Then I'm going to need some more.

G

·
Elmer Keith - Frank Calkins - Aldo Leopold - Peter Chapstick - Robert Brister - Jack O'Connor - Gene Hill - Tom Clancy

You guys are bold with your turkey - we just do ours the old fashion way, stuff it and throw it in the oven.

·
67 Posts
Favorite authors, hmmm, for the mass produced type, I think Stephen King would be. But for the one or two other books I've read, I would say John Steinbeck, Joseph wambaugh and Ernest Hemingway.

Doug Gordon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts