Finally got my gun.

Discussion in 'Predators & Furbearers' started by Cochise, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Cochise

Cochise Guest

Well, it's been over six months. But I finally got my .223. It's not an easy chore to find a left handed bolt action with opened sights, and wooden stock. I even had model numbers of a few different brands of guns. Most of the gun dealers just gave me the cold shoulder, and told me good luck. A few of them thought it was funny. Now I remember why I mostly own lever or semi-autos. I do own a right handed bolt in 7 mag. Most of the time I only have to shoot that one once. I don't know how many times someone tried to sell me a 270,243, or something else that I didn't want. They tried to tell me that I needed a bull barrel. I don't need a darn bull barrel. If it takes me that many shots at a coyote to worry about overheating my barrel. Then I'd be better off going fishing. Thanks to a guy in Tempe working his tail off for me. He located one way back east. I got home with it last night. Now I have to wait three more days until I can try it out. I hate it when work gets in the way of what's important in life. I know that some people don't like Savage, but the action works smooth, and it's got a nice fine bead sight at the end of the barrel. It fits me good. It feels good in my hands. It's a Savage model 11GL. One of the Hunter Series rifles.

2. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Sounds like a sweet set-up. The .223 is one heck of a predator rifle and I'm sure you'll have many, many years of enjoyment shooting/hunting with it.

Savage has taken the rap for years, but they have some the best actions and barrels for the money on the market. If you're happy, who cares what others think?

3. I have an old Savage .222, it is a great shooting gun. I think what soem people may not like is, they seems to be a plain jane type gun.

4. Chief

Chief Guest

In my opinon they are the best deal in today's market. Accurate right out of the box and you don't need to get a second mortage on the house to buy one. I have three of them and they all shoot well.