Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site. Looking to hunt for deer, elk, squirrel, wild boar, pigeon and other edibles. Would really like to link up with an Archery Wizard and learn how to bow hunt. I hadn't hunted for ten years, but got a deer tag in 13b in 2015. No success with the deer but lots of squirrel and saw 3 Mountain Lions in 8 days, & loads of javelin. I'm in the west valley near 101 and Olive. If anyone is up for hunting, mentoring, scouting for hunts, etc., hit me up.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Your saying you saw pigs in 13b in 2015??????????? absolutely 100% No way

goto bow shop buy a bow then go out and shoot best bet. practice at ben avery lots of people there too chat with about hunting with them.
we dont have a huntable wild bore population in this state. they say there is but again no proof (thread on it somwhere in here.)
The mountain lions I believe cause I have hunted the north rim for 30+years

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Welcome to AHT, Cooltingog. No wild boars in state, YET. Lots of guys bowhunt here, If your up in payson way, Ill help all I can to get you started. Best bet is to do what Delw says, go to a bowshop, buy a bow and start practicing. There is a lot to learn on proper bowhunting and shooting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your saying you saw pigs in 13b in 2015??????????? absolutely 100% No way

goto bow shop buy a bow then go out and shoot best bet. practice at ben avery lots of people there too chat with about hunting with them.
we dont have a huntable wild bore population in this state. they say there is but again no proof (thread on it somwhere in here.)
The mountain lions I believe cause I have hunted the north rim for 30+years
No, I didn't see any boars or pigs... I did definitely see a heard of about 15 Javelina.

·
Registered
493 Posts
No, I didn't see any boars or pigs... I did definitely see a heard of about 15 Javelina.
I am going to check ith a few friends at game and fish. dont think there javilina. if they were I am betting game and fish would open it up to NO limit no permiit tag required.

it may have been feral pigs, I know for a fact that emus are running around up there even got a picture to prove it. from a buddy of mine who was hunting with another buddy of mine from Montana on a deer bunch a bunch of years ago.
They called asking if they could shoot it, callled some friends at G&F they said yes, they never saw it again.
striphunt008.jpg

Feral Pigs

In recent years, feral pigs have been sighted near Mud Mountain and Black Rock Mountain. Very little is known about the numbers, habitat use and behavior of these animals, but it appears they are transitory between Mud Mountain and Black Rock spending much of the summer months on Black Rock and winter months near Mud Mountain. They appear to be closely tied to water sources in these areas, and track sign is common.

You are encouraged to attempt to harvest a feral pig in 13B. Keep in mind that hunters who have tried to harvest a feral pig have had mixed results because of the limited number of animals and a quick weekend trip to hunt feral pigs may not be successful.
If you choose to hunt these animals please keep the following in mind:

1. No hunting license is required to hunt these animals.
  2. Harvest of sows is encouraged to limit population growth and adverse impacts to turkey populations (nest predation = no poult production) and wildlife habitat.
  3. This population is feral and is not actively managed by the Game and Fish Department.
  4. A packet is available through the Arizona Strip BLM office related to feral pig hunting. This packet can be received by calling 435-688-3200.
Off-road travel restrictions, wilderness access, and other public land use restrictions remain in effect. Please contact the Arizona Strip BLM @ 435-688-3200 for information about off-road travel. In essence off-road travel is not allowed in any area of the Arizona Strip.

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
That is one big Turkey in my book, Emus are cool, cant say Ive seen one running around though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
New to this site. Looking to hunt for deer, elk, squirrel, wild boar, pigeon and other edibles. Would really like to link up with an Archery Wizard and learn how to bow hunt. I hadn't hunted for ten years, but got a deer tag in 13b in 2015. No success with the deer but lots of squirrel and saw 3 Mountain Lions in 8 days, & loads of javelin. I'm in the west valley near 101 and Olive. If anyone is up for hunting, mentoring, scouting for hunts, etc., hit me up.
Welcome.this sight is entertaining and informative.the kiabab isn't all its cracked up to be.I had property up there for a while.enjoy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts