Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some of you guys have talked about these two whisky's. I visited the local store today to buy a bottle of wine for a wedding i'm attending, while looking around I found the tangle rigde and also ordered the forty creek. So i'll be testing the tangle ridge tonight, and the forty creek next week.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I also found the Fourty Creek the other day at a local store and with all the good reviews thought I would give it a try. Probably tomorrow eveing.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I'm envious fellers. Goes down best cooled either in the fridge or with one ice cube, then chase with cold water. If I'm at the house I stick my bottle in the freezer, then it really pours down your neck easy....:D

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
OK, two of you have claimed to have found it at a "local store". Is that classified information or can you share where you found it ? Oh, and what's the price?

And don't let AZSlim fool ya. It goes down smooth at body temperature and right out of the flask.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Seems like its pretty hard to find from what I have read so Im afraid to give up my stash, I havent even tasted it yet and I am already hiding it. Ok Ill talk, found it at Basha's $21. I aint saying which bashas though.

Ron

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Thanks Ron. At least now I know Basha's can get it and I can haggle the liquor manager here to order me some.

Muley727, where'd you find the Tangle Ridge? Cost?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the tangle ridge in yuma at beverage warehouse $19. I tested it the other night, real good stuff, smooth. the forty creek should be in today.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Another one that goes down pretty easy is the George Dickel with a tan label and the Jack Daniel's with the green label. Not sure if you can get green label out here. There for a while it was only available east of the Mississippi. A guy I worked with would go back to Tn to visit family and bring a couple cases back with him.

G

·
Had a mishap with the power drill late yesterday afternoon, drove the bit through my thumb, jerked it back out and fell off the ladder. Thumb required 2 stiches and back required 4. Doc prescribed some pain killers so on the way home I told the wife to just stop at the Beverage House and I'll pick up the pain killer there, her comment was "That's what caused the accident in the first place." No sense of humor. At any rate I went looking for Forty Rivers and Tangle Valley, our Beverage House doesn't carry them but they can order it. However I did pick up a bottle of Jamison, Dan I'll save it for when you visit.

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Chief said:
However I did pick up a bottle of Jamison, Dan I'll save it for when you visit.
That's mighty nice of you Chief. Guess I better find a reason to come visit.

Chief said:
At any rate I went looking for Forty Rivers and Tangle Valley
Oh, and it's Forty CREEK not Rivers - and Tangle RIDGE not Valley. No wonder you couldn't find it at the Beverage House. LOL.

G

·
We can almost start a whole new catagory on good booze. I'm hosting our monthly poker game tonight so thought I had better go down to the Class VI Store (Beverage Store for you civilians) and stock up for tonight. I normally buy some pretty cheap stuff and pour it into expensive etched crystal decanters when I get home. Everybody figures it must be good to be in such nice crystal, nobody has yet to say that it taste like rot-gut. While looking around for the cheap stuff I stumbled across a bottle of Wild Turkey American Honey, $22.00 a bottle. It is a bourbon based liqueur and it is GOOD. I surely would not recommend it for just sitting around and drinking while shooting the bull, but as an after diner with a fine Cuban cigar it ranks right up there with the best, almost as good as Drambuie.

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Yee-haw, I got some great news yesterday. The local Basha's called and said they'd found the distributor who carries Forty Creek - Barrel Select. They've ordered a case and said it should be here sometime within a week or so. I can't justify buying a whole case, but if some of you with good credit scores want some... lemmie know.

And Chief, that Drambuie is some great stuff. Pricey, but darned good. I'll have to remember the crystal decanter thingy for my cheap booze. I have cheap friends, so they'll never know - or even care. :D

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Well, the Winslow Basha's finally got some Forty Creek - Barrel Select, albeit only 2 bottles (Fifths). Thank God they had them saved for me at the Customer Service desk. Bless their hearts... They're supposedly ordering more, but I'm not holding my breath.

I did notice a tag around the neck of the bottles which said: Rated #1 Canadian Whiskey - Gold Medal Winner at Monde Selection - Brussels, Belgium. Forty Creek received a rating of 8.5 while Crown Royal Special Reserve received a 7.5 rating.

Chief, I've reserved one of these bottles for you. We just need to figure out a place and an event to exchange our whisky...

G

·
Sounds like a plan..... I'll need to buy another bottle of that Jamison stuff, the one I had set aside for ya never made it through Memorial Day. Had some guys over who have no taste at all so I fed it to them. I'm sticking to the made in the U.S.A. stuff.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts