Friggin' Wind ----!!

Discussion in 'Archers Lodge' started by AZ~ThunderDan, Dec 18, 2006.

1. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Living in northeastern Arizona teaches you one thing. The wind ALWAYS b-l-o--w-s up here!!

I had wanted to practice with my bow all weekend but the friggin' winds kept me indoors. :cry: Saturday night, I'm guessing the winds here in Winslow were upward of 60 mph.

Well, this morning, I didn't give the wind a chance to defeat me. I got up at 6AM and was flinging arrows at first light. After a 2-day lay-off from shooting, I was pleased to discover that my form (and accuracy/aim) was right on the money.

I can't hardly wait for the 26th. Meeting up with Creed and ds in hopes to put the smack-down on a nice muley buck.

Man,... am I addicted to this archery thing already!! I'm pretty well convinced my rifle deer-hunting days are over. :roll:

2. Chief

Chief Guest

Wind has been raising hell down here also. Slim and I have plans on going out Thursday morning for some calling hope they calm down by then.

3. We had a windless morning for calling - but the only thing that came in was a peregrine falcon. I think the wind blew the dogs out of the country.

4. Chief

Chief Guest

Hey Slim I went back out on the morning of the 23d, same area - same time - same stands - same result!