Arizona Hunting Forums banner

FUEL

11K views 185 replies 40 participants last post by  KL51212 
#1 · (Edited)
Filled up 2 half empty truck reg tanks, and 3 gal premium for equipment, $116.50. LOL, at this rate Ill be charging fuel surcharges and raising rates by Monday.

Good Job, BRANDON !!!! We can count on YOU !!!

#3 · (Edited)
The real problem was the crackdown on fossil fuel that Uncle Joe did when he first got in office. If you've been paying attention, gas has doubled since Biden took office, and that was BEFORE the Ukraine stuff took off...

When I moved to AZ in October 2020, gas was $1.99-$2.09. Now it's up to and passing $4.00

Edit: I had to censor myself. Sorry mods, lol. I must be tired, forgot to proofread :LOL:

#5 ·
Was planning on going to CO again if I didn't draw an elk tag here. That is not going to be possible now. I'm expecting gas rationing to come back before summer. FJB!
View attachment 28792
Hit the nail on the head with that one...

Now I'm wishing I had a hunting prius instead of my truck :LOL:

#6 ·
I just filled up my "fun" car - that gets ~15mpg @ 4.99 for the premium it requires. So there went about a hundred bucks.
I need to go fill up the boring daily driver Camry that gets ~30mpg and takes regular.

Something tells me that the old camry going to get more miles on it in the foreseeable future.

Also, Trump sucks, and so does Biden - but funny how the minute the current dingleberry took office gas prices has spiked, and the propanda spewing puppets say it has nothing to do with the current administration (yet the prices clearly point otherwise.) At least the former dildo was correct about the importance of being "independent" on energy production. I will be curious to see what backlash happens.

#7 ·
I just filled up my "fun" car - that gets ~15mpg @ 4.99 for the premium it requires. So there went about a hundred bucks.
I need to go fill up the boring daily driver Camry that gets ~30mpg and takes regular.

Something tells me that the old camry going to get more miles on it in the foreseeable future.

Also, Trump sucks, and so does Biden - but funny how the minute the current dingleberry took office gas prices has spiked, and the propanda spewing puppets say it has nothing to do with the current administration (yet the prices clearly point otherwise.) At least the former dildo was correct about the importance of being "independent" on energy production. I will be curious to see what backlash happens.
Wow, I wish my daily driver got your fun car's mileage :LOL:. But you gotta use premium, so it evens out I guess

#10 ·
did someone say hunting prius? Or was this an activity where we hunt prius lol?

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle

#13 ·
Well, I have canceled Kansas turkey and Oklahoma hog. Not that I can't afford it, my daughter keeps saying just do it and have fun. I can't have fun when I shell out $300 to fill a tank. I can afford it but do I want to pay it? NO! So let's hope it calms down by Fall and I can go hunt hog.
Some, but not all of this was avoidable. There are not 9K drilling permits out there that are viable. The white house (Joe) and peppermint Patty are delusional. If you have any connection with the oil industry, and I do, they have no clue. They need to be flushed down a disposal well (that is where useless salt water goes). Kansas does not get alot of credit for their oil but I can tell you that a lot of oil and natural gas comes from Kansas.

#15 ·
The unfortunate other part to these prices is theft is going to exponentially increase. I am glad I have a garage to keep people from prying my fuel doors open.

When I was at the gas station this morning some dude was driving around the place asking for someone to buy him some gas "so he could go get his kids in AJ" - yet he was literally driving in circles between two stations in a Chevy truck wasting gas..... Got a bit snippy when I declined too....lol. Pretty sure this is going to get real common.

#17 ·
Reactions: Painter
#18 ·
By the way I sell garden hose, drill pumps, gas cans, and locking gas caps…..DM me :LOL:

Reactions: Savageman2506
#23 ·
Not sure about the pumps not turned on but generally on a slow well there are timers on the pumps to allow oil to accumulate. You will see wells not pumping and an hour later they are running. Let’s the oil pool underground.
At the price per barrel I’m sure everything that can pump is pumping. When it was $35 or less a barrel it was not worth pumping, hauling etc cost more than the oil.

Wildcatters and big companies don’t want to take a chance on speculating and have this administration cut them off after dropping thousands into establishing a well.

Reactions: John McLaughlin
#24 ·
9k drilling permits supposedly not being used, not inactive pumps. Saw it last night

#26 ·
Yes, Several oil people and economist spent some time on FoxNews yesterday explaining why they are not being used and the entire "oil permit" thing. Pretty much said Biden and Peppermint Patty have no clue about the oil industry and permits. It is not really that complicated but lengthy to explain. Besides being in useless locations for drilling, it is what I said above. The oil people already had this administration jerk the rug out from under them and stop their exploration/drilling early on They do not want to take that chance again. Charley Brown and Lucy with the football.

Reactions: SingleShot20G
#28 ·
I’ll give an example of “ oil lease”. A half section of our land in Kansas was “leased” along with other land to “explore “. The oil company pays so much an acre to the land owner for that lease. The oil drilling company spends a bunch of money in various equipment including sonic ground exploration equipment to look at structure. Nothing shows up that they like but they hold that lease so no other driller can come look OR they find a spot, set up thousands of dollars in drilling equipment to drill and it is a dry hole or worse yet a “pisser” that now takes more work including fracking, which is expensive to try to make a functioning well and it never produces enough to be profitable. A lease on any land, including government land does not mean it will produce anything so who knows how many of those 9000 leases are even worth looking at?

From what the oil people who were on yesterday said, not many and Biden is throwing out a red herring with that statement.

#29 ·
Thanks for the info Lynn. S0 in your case, how long is a lease period for ? Does lease mean the same as explore and or drill ? Then if its a wet hole, do you get royalties from production ? Yearly or lifetime ?

#34 ·
Lengths vary and can be years. Leasing only means that the oil company has secured that land for future drilling, but they can just allow a lease to run out if they don't think it is worth drilling. Most times after they have done their testing around and on the land. Many times they will lease yours and your neighbors land because if they hit on one the chances are good on the other.
If they hit a well the landowner usually gets 1/8 of the oil production. So a 100 barrel a day well (which is a really good well) will get the land owner $37,500 a month royalty check if oil is $100 a barrel but grade of oil makes a difference too. Sweet Crude which is the price you see for market oil is not what comes out of most wells. That oil may only be bringing $60 a barrel because it has a lot of paraffin and other contaminates that have to be refined out.

Some wells go for many years producing and some pump out in a few years or even months. There was one on the farm that came in at 100+ a day and was plugged a year or so later. Pumped out. There is another that does about 3-4 a day and has been going 40 years and still just plugs along. Royal is for as long as the well pumps.

Now think about this. My barber and his sisters had wheat land in Montana in the Bakken oil field area. When they started drilling there leases were going for $1200 an acre. There were wells every quarter mile and his first royalty check was 1.2 million. Poor guy had to split that with his two sisters. They have thousands of acres of land there.

The lady who's land I hunt on in SC Kansas has natural gas wells. I don't know much about that except it makes good money for the land owner too. Kansas produces a lot of oil and gas but is not mentioned as much as Texas and OK. There is no reason that the US should be importing oil-period.