Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this from the lawyer appointed to represent the members in the NRA bankruptcy. With all the bitching about LaPierre I see on here, it's time to put your money where your mouth is. Dave Dell'Aquila has been representing us out of his own pocket, so step up and do your part to get rid of the crook LaPierre and save the NRA for the members.

"Good Morning Friends and Patriots,

You have visited my website "RetireLaPierre" and know that I am doing all that I can for our members to restore the NRA to a credible organization that NOW more than ever, must focus on fighting for our 2nd Amendment rights.

As you may know, the NRA bankruptcy proceedings are currently ongoing in Dallas. A summary of the trial can be found here plus much more info on this website - CAUTION - it is like going down a rabbit hole. NRA Bankruptcy Proceedings

Many disturbing revelations have been uncovered during the trial proceedings, including this gem that LaPierre kept secret from his senior deputies and the entire board his intent to file bankruptcy! https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/07/us/n ... ierre.html

After the NRA filed for bankruptcy, I was appointed by the US Trustee to serve as a member of the Unsecured Creditors Committee. I serve on this committee to represent YOU so that we can preserve our NRA from its own self-inflicted wounds and destruction.

On behalf of our members, I have filed a class action suit with the intention of removing LaPierre and his cronies. My next critical step is to certify that class action suit.

It is not often that I ask for assistance and have been going at this alone (except for a few members) non-stop, virtually 24 x 7. If you so desire, please consider donating to the legal fund as described below in the GoFundMe link. The organizer is a fellow life-member who initiated the campaign to help defray legal expenses.

Thank you for your consideration.

Dave Dell'Aquila

FixNra.com legal fund, organized by Skip Hoagland"

·
Registered
66 Posts
The NRA needs to be dissolved and whatever good it has in high places needs to fall into the hands of groups like the GOA. It is just a shame so many people still give to the NRA and don't know that organizations like the GOA, AZCDL, etc.

The NRA has never been a true friend to the 2A, it has waffled, backpedaled, and made "concession and compromises" at nearly every turn when major gun control effort step up. They are just as bad as any other "special interest" group and put money and power above their declared cause. How many opportunities have they missed, and how many times did they not fight for our rights?

·
Registered
530 Posts
The NRA needs to be dissolved and whatever good it has in high places needs to fall into the hands of groups like the GOA. It is just a shame so many people still give to the NRA and don't know that organizations like the GOA, AZCDL, etc.

The NRA has never been a true friend to the 2A, it has waffled, backpedaled, and made "concession and compromises" at nearly every turn when major gun control effort step up. They are just as bad as any other "special interest" group and put money and power above their declared cause. How many opportunities have they missed, and how many times did they not fight for our rights?
Exactly. Please show me a "WIN" from the NRA in ANY anti-2A states that had any lasting impact. Heck, even the federal achievements have been heavily influenced by other organizations, especially recently with GOA and FPC. I was a member of the NRA for a number of years, but now I'm not. Their mismanagement goes back decades, and is clearly evident by the state we're in now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pretty much literally the only thing the NRA does worth anything is distract all the idiot "NRA IS ALL THE EVIL IN THE WORLD" dingleberries from the organizations actually doing the work.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ever attend a Hunter Ed course? Ever shoot in a competition? Ever attend a Firearms Safety Course? Do you support LE training? The NRA does a lot of things other than the battle for the 2A. How often do those "other" 2nd Amendment orgs get involved with wildlife management at the state level or hunter education? I've never seen GOA or SAF get involved in a hunters' rights case, have you?

Do you want all those things to go away as well? If the NRA is broken up in NY, you can rest assured that the assets will be broken up to NY ANTI-GUN CHARITIES. Do you want that?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ever attend a Hunter Ed course? Ever shoot in a competition? Ever attend a Firearms Safety Course? Do you support LE training? The NRA does a lot of things other than the battle for the 2A. How often do those "other" 2nd Amendment orgs get involved with wildlife management at the state level or hunter education? I've never seen GOA or SAF get involved in a hunters' rights case, have you?

Do you want all those things to go away as well? If the NRA is broken up in NY, you can rest assured that the assets will be broken up to NY ANTI-GUN CHARITIES. Do you want that?
Actually any of those I attended were done by local organizations. Not a single one by the NRA in the last 30 years that I can recall. In fact, in my lifetime the only think I ever seen the NRA "sponsor" is having some dude(s) sitting in the front of a location scraping for donations or memberships.

Also - what is the point of anything you list if we don't have the rights to have the things you use to hunt, shoot, or compete? Because since the '30s all the NRA has done is rake in money, compromise, and pat themselves on the backs for only letting "part" of our rights get legislated out.

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news - but the NRA squandered and blew all the money you sent them. It is very, very well documented - why do you think the subject of your very first post exists?

The duped their members by promising to protect our rights - and all they have done in compromise, waste, and pad their pockets. I highly, highly suggest you spend your hard earned money with groups that actually work for your rights - not give their board members lavish salaries, Did you know that NRA pays it's board members more per year than they have given to pro-2A politicians in the last 15 yeas combined?

Oh, but wait....they did give that little boy a nerf gun last year. I wonder how much was spent in advertising that - you know - that should have went towards combating the bump stock ban (Thank you GOA for your efforts in getting that fixed...https://www.gunowners.org/victory-court-rules-a-bump-stock-is-not-a-machine-gun/) and battling the ATF over pistol braces (they released a statement....thats it...) I can keep going about this all the way back to good ol' 1934 if you would like.

In fact - why don't you peruse their own legal case blog : For the Record | NRALegalFacts

Sure looks like they are more concerned with protecting their name instead of doing absolutely anything for us. You would think there would be at least even one court case to protect our rights in the last nearly year on there - considering they can afford to pay their cronies millions of dollars a year? But I guess they are too busy giving all their blind donors a sh*tty magazine once in a while and handing out free stickers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those local orgs work under the rules established by the NRA. Did you even read the full statement at the beginning? Dave is the NRA Members representative in the bankruptcy proceeding. We are trying to address exactly what you are talking about. It's not the organization that's bad, it's the leadership that we are trying to change.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Those local orgs work under the rules established by the NRA. Did you even read the full statement at the beginning? Dave is the NRA Members representative in the bankruptcy proceeding. We are trying to address exactly what you are talking about. It's not the organization that's bad, it's the leadership that we are trying to change.
Not where I am from - the local orgs were self-governing / administrating. Not every program / class / etc has to have NRAs blessing and the majority do not. Their reach isn't that extensive or welcomed. In fact most of the really, really good programs would rather have a case of explosive diarrhea than be associated with the NRA. Has been that way for decades.

I read the statement - but the fact that it has taken this long to get to this point just shows how corrupt and untruthful the NRA is. The fact that LaPierre and his cronies have been at them helm this long proves that they don't care - and haven't ever - about OUR rights.

We will have to agree to disagree - because the NRA's history of compromising and even supporting various control legislation since it's inception IMO makes it a worthless and untrustworthy organization. They cater to their politicians and interests - not the people who pay the dues. 99% of people who believe in them just send off the money, pat themselves on the back, apply that bumper sticker and think they have done something - without ever actually looking into what they are (or aren't) doing. The GOA , AZCDL - heck even the NSSF are way more worthy of donation than the NRA ever was.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are 5 million members of the NRA, most of them are not hard core 2nd amendment types but are hunters, competitors and general firearms users. Do you have a AZ CCW? If so, you attended a course taught by an NRA certified instructor. Ever shot at the National Matches? Again NRA. Ever shoot metallic silhouette? NRA again. Any type of shooting training? Again, NRA certified. Hunter Ed? Same thing. So, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Remember, it's always better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

·
Super Moderator
13,841 Posts
and all they have done in compromise, waste, and pad their pockets.
Isn't that the way with most Big Companys and organizations ???

The Tonto Gun Club use to ask members become a member of the NRA as a membership requirement, Now days they dont require you to be a member, Its still on application, but no longer stressed, Its either a yes or no question, Thats it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Good afternoon to all-

Now as most of you long-timers here know, I am not a gun person- but I'm absolutely NOT anti-hunting.
My opinion of the NRA could not be expressed in decent company- nor here, either.
NRA takes money, often from people who can't afford it, and then they do what with it? Mr. Lapierre is not a good person, and his buddies are not good people, either.
Here's why I hate the NRA ...
At one of my small town locations of employment some years back, there was a "family"- basically two big old large-economy sized women and various males who drifted in and out- mostly in, I'd say... and these old girls had a child every nine months and fifteen minutes apart. The kids ate out of the dumpster behind the one grocery store in town. Every kid was a special needs kid, and since I taught special ed. at this time, I got to know them all.
The oldest child almost never talked, but he told me one day, "Gubmunt gonna take ar guns...enner ray (NRA) gonna let us keep ar guns. We give money to enner ray."
And they did. Every year that bunch sent the month's welfare check to NRA when it came renewal time.

And that kid? Arrested and convicted for armed robbery not long after I had that conversation with him. NRA sure helped him. I don't know how much good I did him, either, but at least, I didn't take his money.

you all be safe and keep well-

Ed

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would bet that NRA certified instructors have on the whole done more harm than good for gun culture in America... the NRA instructors I've met are the ones who say stuff like "the second amendment is about hunting" "nobody needs an assault weapon" etc. "Gun people" who say stuff like that are more harmful to freedom and our rights than even Gabby Giffords.

But that's just my opinion, and I'm a crazy anarcho-capitalist who thinks former felons should be able to buy a belt fed machine gun at CVS. :cool:

The Firearms Policy Coalition, on the other hand, is spending millions suing the government on a regular basis, and are actually winning lawsuits. Plus, they reply to all of Biden's tweets by saying "No. F**k you." Epic.

·
Super Moderator
3,680 Posts
I was, and probably still am (are) a NRA instructor and don't remember every saying any of that stuff.

·
Super Moderator
3,680 Posts
Glad to hear it. Thanks for not spreading nonsense to your students! Cheers!
Your choice of hunting weapon is your choice of hunting weapon. If the state you are hunting in says what you are using is legal then what right do I have as an instructor to hammer on that choice? Some states are very restrictive and others are less so. If you are within your state's rules then I have no say in the matter and need to keep my opinions to myself. I recently hunted OK for hogs. The laws are, if I am on private land, and not in a big game season, I do not need a license. I can use a large capacity mag, in an AR and not be out of the regs. So, if I am teaching a class, my instructions here are, if you are with the states laws, you are home free. Laws from one state to the next are night and day. Don't try to inflict your beliefs in the legal process.

Reactions: Savageman2506

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are 5 million members of the NRA, most of them are not hard core 2nd amendment types but are hunters, competitors and general firearms users. Do you have a AZ CCW? If so, you attended a course taught by an NRA certified instructor. Ever shot at the National Matches? Again NRA. Ever shoot metallic silhouette? NRA again. Any type of shooting training? Again, NRA certified. Hunter Ed? Same thing. So, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Remember, it's always better to light a candle than curse the darkness.
That just means there are 5 million people who don't realize that the NRA is useless and does more damage than good, or don't care and only support the 2A laws that they directly care about - the same dingleberries that are so short sighted they had the "well I don't like bump stocks so I don't care if they are banned" attitudes - not realizing the "trickle down" effect that is prevalent when it comes to our rights. There are over 72 million gun owners in this country - and the fact there is only 5 million NRA member tells you plenty about how well the NRA does it's job.

You must really have your NRA branded rose-tinted glasses on. There are other organizations that support competitions, training, and certification. NRA is just the "biggest" name. Just because the NRA may set forth the some rules, qualifications, or charge people to be "NRA Certified" doesn't mean they are an organization that deserves your money. How much time/money do you think they spend on these things? I bet it pales in comparison to how much money the cronies have sitting in bank accounts in foreign countries. What good is it when the NRA has "compromised" away your rights to compete, hunt, or recreationally shoot? You may want to look into the legislation that have supported over the years - cause it would seem you would be surprised. Their record speaks plainly for themselves - they are no friend to the 2A.

The Tonto Gun Club use to ask members become a member of the NRA as a membership requirement,
Prime example of the NRA weaseling itself where it doesn't belong. If I walked into a gun club and the required NRA membership I would laugh and walk out. The ONLY good that does is funnel more cash to the NRA to misappropriate.

The NRA needs to be thrown out - they are the dark. Shame you don't realize it. There are MUCH better organizations that fight much harder for YOUR rights to hunt, compete, and shoot. GOA, AZCDL, NSSF, FPC - all these organizations do what the NRA is supposed to be doing. Guess what, if the NRA dissolved tomorrow all the things you mentioned? Would just fall into the hands of these better organizations - and the Hunters, Completive shooters, and trainers would be better off for it. We as outdoorsmen, hunters, and shooters would be better served if the NRA never existed. Nothing they have done couldn't have been done by other organizations - and the things the other organizations do is done better anways.

Just because the NRA has been ripping it's supporters off for the last 100 years doesn't mean it deserves to exist. Especially when so many other groups exist that are better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That just means there are 5 million people who don't realize that the NRA is useless and does more damage than good, or don't care and only support the 2A laws that they directly care about - the same dingleberries that are so short sighted they had the "well I don't like bump stocks so I don't care if they are banned" attitudes - not realizing the "trickle down" effect that is prevalent when it comes to our rights. There are over 72 million gun owners in this country - and the fact there is only 5 million NRA member tells you plenty about how well the NRA does it's job.

You must really have your NRA branded rose-tinted glasses on. There are other organizations that support competitions, training, and certification. NRA is just the "biggest" name. Just because the NRA may set forth the some rules, qualifications, or charge people to be "NRA Certified" doesn't mean they are an organization that deserves your money. How much time/money do you think they spend on these things? I bet it pales in comparison to how much money the cronies have sitting in bank accounts in foreign countries. What good is it when the NRA has "compromised" away your rights to compete, hunt, or recreationally shoot? You may want to look into the legislation that have supported over the years - cause it would seem you would be surprised. Their record speaks plainly for themselves - they are no friend to the 2A.

Prime example of the NRA weaseling itself where it doesn't belong. If I walked into a gun club and the required NRA membership I would laugh and walk out. The ONLY good that does is funnel more cash to the NRA to misappropriate.

The NRA needs to be thrown out - they are the dark. Shame you don't realize it. There are MUCH better organizations that fight much harder for YOUR rights to hunt, compete, and shoot. GOA, AZCDL, NSSF, FPC - all these organizations do what the NRA is supposed to be doing. Guess what, if the NRA dissolved tomorrow all the things you mentioned? Would just fall into the hands of these better organizations - and the Hunters, Completive shooters, and trainers would be better off for it. We as outdoorsmen, hunters, and shooters would be better served if the NRA never existed. Nothing they have done couldn't have been done by other organizations - and the things the other organizations do is done better anways.

Just because the NRA has been ripping it's supporters off for the last 100 years doesn't mean it deserves to exist. Especially when so many other groups exist that are better.
Preach brother!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you're and NRA member, why don't you quit your whining and do something about it!

Ed great story, but I have to call BS. We all know you are left Lenin when it comes to guns and personal protection. So some dumb Alabama family donates to the NRA, that's on them, not the NRA. And yes, they are trying to take our guns away or didn't you listen to Joe Biden's speech and Beto O'Rourke's tweets.

I also have to call BS on the NRA instructors, I've been one for over 40 years and have NEVER heard one say the 2nd Amendment was about hunting. Some Hunter Safety instructors have done that, BUT THEY ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN and were swiftly corrected.

If you are not an NRA member, you don't have dog in this fight. So, go scream at the sky with the NY AG and donate to Mark Kelly. Those that are, here's a chance to take the reins back from the grifters.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Good evening to all-

Well, 460, actually it was in the Great State of Missouri where this occurred, and I am not "left Lenin" whatever the hell that means. And everyone who is a citizen in the USA has a dog in this fight- we are all subject to unlimited access to all guns and what happens when certain people use high rate of fire, large magazine weapons to express their opinions. And I repeat- if I lived in a place where I had to have a gun for personal protection, I wouldn't live there.

good night to all- Ed

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Good evening to all-

Well, 460, actually it was in the Great State of Missouri where this occurred, and I am not "left Lenin" whatever the hell that means. And everyone who is a citizen in the USA has a dog in this fight- we are all subject to unlimited access to all guns and what happens when certain people use high rate of fire, large magazine weapons to express their opinions. And I repeat- if I lived in a place where I had to have a gun for personal protection, I wouldn't live there.

good night to all- Ed
Ed. I am not starting a fight or trying to get involved in any o this political bs as i am on this site for hunting. But, you keep saying (apparently) that you would not live in a place where you may need a gun for personal protection. Best wake up, because you ARE living in one. Called the USA. The crazy’s are running rampant in all corners of the country and everywhere in between. Just because you have not been struck where you live as of yet, does not mean they are not coming. Gentlemen, a brother of mine who is a father of 3 and a husband to the county coroner, living in a nice house in a peaceful subdivision in a peaceful part of the valley, had to shoot a man who broke into his house early morning this last Monday. The man broke a window in his daughters room, fortunately waking my brother up, and entered the house with a aluminum baseball bat. My brother entered the room to see the man with the bat raised above his head standing over his daughter as she was trying to wake from the noise. My brother shot him just before the bat came crashing down on his little girls head. Surely he would of continued through the house with the bat until he did or found what satisfied him. No time to call the cops here, they would have all been dead before they arrived. Not sure any of you has ever seen what a bat can do to a mans head, much less a little girls, but I have seen it more than once, as I was involved in a “outlaw” motorcycle club in my past, if a bat does not kill you, you are lucky enough to have a softball sized black bleeding oozing egg on your head for several weeks to go with your concussion. A man with bare hands or even a knife is no match for a man with a bat and a devastating swing. A gun is required here to save your families lives. An old Indian chief once said “ it’s better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it”. Ed and other brothers of AHT, or whatever it is now, a gun in the household saved the lives of my brother and his family this week. ‘Merica!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts