Arizona Hunting Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Good morning to all-
Painter, I accept what you are saying. I won't ague with what some folks have had to do. All I'm saying is that I have never been in a situation where my having a gun would have made things better in any way. I do live in a family who had family members killed by guns. It is close to home.
It's a matter of personal choice. I choose to not have firearms. I do seriously question whether any civilians need high volume, rapid fire weapons- they are so easily turned into many folks dead, and not self-defense use.
And again, I say, I would not live in a place where I had to have a gun for my or my family's protection.
This situation is not an easy matter for anyone who takes it seriously. Personal rights and freedoms balanced against a clear potential danger.
I take gun rights folks' opinions very seriously. I hope they take my point of view seriously too, and not just dismiss me as some ignorant city- dweller who knows nothing about the real world of hunting, gun use, crazy-ass people, and what guns can and can not do.

You all be safe and keep well- Ed

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you're and NRA member, why don't you quit your whining and do something about it!

Ed great story, but I have to call BS. We all know you are left Lenin when it comes to guns and personal protection. So some dumb Alabama family donates to the NRA, that's on them, not the NRA. And yes, they are trying to take our guns away or didn't you listen to Joe Biden's speech and Beto O'Rourke's tweets.

I also have to call BS on the NRA instructors, I've been one for over 40 years and have NEVER heard one say the 2nd Amendment was about hunting. Some Hunter Safety instructors have done that, BUT THEY ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN and were swiftly corrected.

If you are not an NRA member, you don't have dog in this fight. So, go scream at the sky with the NY AG and donate to Mark Kelly. Those that are, here's a chance to take the reins back from the grifters.

Sorry - but you are flat out wrong. Anyone who is a firearms owner, hunter, or recreational shooter has a "dog in this fight." The NRA sells itself on protecting our rights - which is a blatant lie. Millions of people have donated thinking the NRA was going to put it's donors and the 2A first and they have been sorely mislead. The NRA is a fraudulent organization, period.

Also, funny how you mention Mark Kelly - an anti 2A politician as an insult to us with a differing opinion when you are trying to preach the positives of an organization that has consistently and proudly supported the enactment of anti 2A legislation. Your unwavering support of the NRA points that if anyone was going to support the NY AG and Kelly - it would be you. Calling Ed a "left lenin" while preaching the benefits of the NRA is a bit of an oxymoron my friend.

On the count of the Instructors and your "BS" call - how nice of you to take your limited experience and apply it as fact over the whole range. Lol.

I have had many complaints from "students" who were turned off from NRA instructors due to their attitudes - or the fact they had any involvement with the NRA. For a period of ~5 years I spend most of my shooting time with groups of 3-4 people who came to me for their intro classes into firearms safety and operation because they had bad experiences with a "NRA certified" instructors. Seems that the amount of dingleberry "trainers" who are wanna-be drill sergeants number the same as NRA certified instructors who seem to think that gun rights should only be applied to those who own hunting rifles and feel the need to preach their personal outlook on politics and gun control non-stop to the people paying them for instruction. Are there good ones? Yes - but there are plenty of "bad" ones too.......

You want to send your money off to the NRA and support them - good for you as that's your prerogative - but you better realize that you have more in common with people like Mark Kelly than you do the people who are more geared towards being very pro 2A. Most of the major gun control legislation passed since the 30s has been passed with the help/blessing of the NRA. Feel free to fact check me.

The GOA, FPC, NSSF, and state organizations like the AZCDL are the "future" of our rights being protected on the political/state/national level. If you are still giving money to the NRA and not these other groups then you are sitting on a sinking ship that never really made it out of the port to begin with. Whether you like that or not - doesn't matter as that is the fact. The NRA mishandled it's donor's money, it lied to it's donors, and it has consistently failed to protect our rights in leu of gaining political standing for itself. That is the NRA, a self-serving self-interest group who's only goal is to feed itself.

It's a matter of personal choice. I choose to not have firearms. I do seriously question whether any civilians need high volume, rapid fire weapons- they are so easily turned into many folks dead, and not self-defense use.

You all be safe and keep well- Ed
Your opinion is your opinion Ed, and no one can tell you that having one is wrong - however I really, really wish you would review the facts before forming them. "high volume, rapid fire weapons" are the vast, vast minority of firearms used in crimes. As I pointed out in another thread were you made the same comment - the actual data on firearms used in crime clearly and obviously shows that the general population's fixation on firearms like ARs being "evil" is a complete fabrication by those who want to push the gun control agenda.

So please, before forming an opinion actually look at the data and don't go by what they are pushing on CNN or whatever news channel you watch. The numbers are what is important - the data - not some agenda based spin on party politics.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts