Gilbert's Youth Fishing Day

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Basser, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Basser

Basser Guest

Sure most of you have seen this on the other AZ sites but thought I'd post it here too. Besides young anglers we're looking for older anglers who would like to come out and help teach kids how to fish. If you're interested please let me know. This year I've got a ton of prizes from local sporting goods vendors that the kids are going to be able to win....fishing poles, tacle boxes, fishing packs, etc.

Gilbert’s Youth Fishing Day

Take a child fishing! This is a great opportunity to spend the morning fishing with family or to bring a young angler that would enjoy the experience! Participants do not need to have a valid urban fishing license during the time of the event! Just check-in that morning with volunteers before fishing.

When: Saturday, November 4, 2006 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Where: Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch Lake, which is located at the southeast corner of Greenfield and Guadalupe.

The Arizona Game and Fish Department is providing information, instruction, plus will loan fishing gear and bait to the first 100 participants who do not have equipment of their own. Our anglers will also be able to win great prizes in the kids drawing! If you are interested in attending or have any questions please feel free to contact Rob Matthews at (480) 503-6253. You can also visit the website at: http://www.ci.gilbert.az.us/parks/sports-youth.cfm