Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Email to mlb public affairs

I realize I am but one person and my opinion matters not to an entity as large as MLB however that said I will still give it.

I am a veteran, I am a peace officer and I am a US citizen. Even after your office supported players kneeling and what I feel to be blantant disrespect to this country and those of us who fought and continue to fight for it I kept watching and supporting their right to opinion.

Now you are moving a game because Georia is requiring someone prove they are a citizen and have the actual right to vote in our country? I fail to see where proving you have the right to participate in our election is racist. Please show me ANY country which allows a non citizen the right to participate in their elections.

Unfortunately you as a league have shown you have zero respect for this country which I have given so much to defend.

That said, I am oath bound to defend you but I have no obligation to fund you. Goodbye.

Richard

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
Post it on the Diamondback page and other is you wish.

·
Super Moderator
2,805 Posts
3...2...1...middle finger salute, I refuse to watch professional sports and fund those crybabys

@RickyG , I sent you a pm yesterday, did you get it? Nice email, job well done 👍

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
I love baseball. I could watch football, or not. I only watch that to see Larry play. The Suns became "has been" when Sarver bought them. Don't watch them. I do watch some hockey but don't understand all of the game. My many Canadian friends explain it and it goes in one ear and out the other but it is fun to watch.

Baseball players usually are a bit higher level than the rest. Just my opinion but the last couple of years it has slipped into the dump and most of that has because the management feels pressured by other sports to participate in the pandering that other sports do now. So it is kneel, don't take your hat off support BLM. Sorry stand your ground and do what is right and that is not following football because they suck. Anyway, I am sorry to see this move but I understand that it is to survive but grow a pair and stand up on your own.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I lived in Asia for +20 years LEGALLY. I was never eligible to vote, nor did I have the desire to vote in any of the countries I lived in--even when I disagreed with the government in these places. I did not wish to tell the Japanese, Malaysians, or Singaporeans how to run their countries, nor did I pursue "free stuff" from any of my host countries. I only cared about my home country. My wife is Japanese, she is here legally, she doesn't desire to vote in our elections either. If she ever becomes a citizen, maybe she will, but one thing is for sure, she won't be voting for liberal progress.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sent my note to MLB today as well ([email protected])
I am absolutely appalled that MLB took the stance it did in regards to the Georgia decision to require id to vote for the President of the United States of America and other elections. I am required to show my ID to board a plane, receive a covid shot, pick up my mail or to purchase a $12 beer at a MLB ball park as I am for tens of thousands of other acts of which I am happy to do so to not only prove my legitimacy but to help avoid fraudulent outcomes, yet MLB is taking a stance that one of the most sacred rights we have an Americans and the single most important act that any American shall be privileged to do, should not be encumbered or burned by this simple and common act!? I’m ashamed of this outcome as are dozens of my personal friends all of whom love and enjoy MLB and their events and I’m sure thousands upon thousands more are as well. I’m saddened to share that none of us will be supporting games on TV or in person any longer as the game I once loved has taken a stance that I cannot abide by nor support.

I’m sure corporate sponsors initiated much of this decision and I can only hope that a loss of viewership and support reverses it so I and friends, family and future generations of Americans can enjoy this beloved game.

Yours respectively and former fan,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Luckily I don't have any other than this forum along with a couple of other hunting forums but yes I would ask others to quit standing up those that don't stand for us.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I dumped MLB, NBA and the NFL years ago. I now give local kids sports programs an equal amount that I used to spend on game tickets, travel and hotels, etc... For my family it comes to about $4000 a year. From the kids sports I have never heard one time that they could not care less what I do! or what I think! And when I see tears on the field its because some kid got the wind knocked out of him not some over paid athlete crying about what is going on off the field! DR

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Not being born here I had to earn my right to vote by becoming a citizen. I was here since I was 4 and was considered a temp resident till I was 19 when I received my permanent residency (green card). At 25 I took the oath for my citizenship and was one of my biggest joys.
I earned this right to vote and it should not just be given away without proving that you have that right.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I wear my "Defund The Athlete" t-shirt with pride. Yet to have anyone give me a hard time about, though I do get a lot of compliments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts