got close

Discussion in 'Archers Lodge' started by Ezra, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Ezra

Ezra Guest

Out glassing for some pigs when my buddy spotted a 5point mule chasing some does on the hill next to where we were sitting. he spotted us but was more concerned with the doe. we crept down to the water hole at the base of the hill, which the deer did not like. what followed was a 6 hour stare down before he decided to bed down under a juniper with a doe. I got about 30yds from him, but before I was able to see him over the tops of the desert foilage, he bolted. Just glad I was able to show enough patient....6 hours worth.

2. That's alot of patience!

3. Chief

Chief Guest

Hellva lot more than I got!

4. I'm impressed,

The longest I have ever been " pinned" was about 45 minutes. On one foot and holding the bow in front of me the whole time. LOL.. But still not fun, I cant imagine 6 hours. I hope you werent in a circulation comprimising position. LOL

Shane

5. Ezra

Ezra Guest

I was lucky. since I was about 300 yds away from the buck, I was able to sneak down off my hill and go hide in a wash overlooking the water holewhile my buddy kept glassing him. my friend is the one with the real patience, as I was relaxing in a wash, he was stuck standing almost the entire time.